Help making a decision.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    Looking to purchase a 12ga auto. Looking to spend $700-800, and believe I have narrowed the field to Beretta A300 Outlander and Franchi Inertia Drive Affinity. Like to get your collective advice. Experience with these? Others in this price range?

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    What a coincidence. I was in the exact same boat as you, until yesterday. Picked up my first auto, the Beretta a300 outlander. Haven't shot it yet, plan on it tom. Read lots of good reviews on it.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    My dad picked one up this year (a300) and I made a few teal hunts using it. Really enjoyed it! Feels real light coming from the Remington 1100 I normally hunt with, and proved to be very reliable. No failure of any kind yet that I'm aware of.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    This is my first auto, so honestly have no experience to compare it with. I pretty much went strictly off of reviews. I had to settle for the 3" chamber, but chances are I'll never need the 3.5". I'm going shoot a few skeet this afternoon, and will let you know how it does. I will say this, the finish isn't indestructible (camo). While trying to punch the pin out to remove the trigger group, the damn punch slid to the side and scratched the finish pretty good. I will admit I was pushing pretty hard because the pin didn't want to budge.
    69cfdc2fd1a33c911b106a04da587b4f.jpg

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have the Beretta Outlander (my son and I both bough one last year) and I've hunted with it a good bit and like it. We duck hunt, mostly woodies, and the gun has been perfect. I'm still getting use to the safety in front of the trigger guard but that's not that big of a deal. I've not killed many ducks with it as I have just not shot that good this year, but we made a late season dove hunt last year and I lit them up. I have hunted with pumps my whole life ( Remington 870, Ithaca Model 37) and there is no comparison for follow up shots and the recoil is much softer. For the money you can't go wrong. It's not the newest technology, but it's damn reliable and for an average shooter like me I can't tell the difference between this gun and a 1500 dollar gun. I would bet most other people couldn't either.

Theta36

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    Pollock,La
    Sir you can never go wrong with a benelli shotgun they are widely known threw duck commander but this is a fact. Benelli have the fastest cycle shell ratio of all semi auto shotguns. An they are in your price range depending on if you want cammo, or synthetic black. Good luck with your gun of choice but id recommend a benelli sir. Sincerly Dana Bass

dad-e-o

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ponchatoula
    Sir you can never go wrong with a benelli shotgun they are widely known threw duck commander but this is a fact. Benelli have the fastest cycle shell ratio of all semi auto shotguns. An they are in your price range depending on if you want cammo, or synthetic black. Good luck with your gun of choice but id recommend a benelli sir. Sincerly Dana Bass

But, BEWARE the "Benelli Click"!!!

dad-e-o

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ponchatoula
    This is my first auto, so honestly have no experience to compare it with. I pretty much went strictly off of reviews. I had to settle for the 3" chamber, but chances are I'll never need the 3.5". I'm going shoot a few skeet this afternoon, and will let you know how it does. I will say this, the finish isn't indestructible (camo). While trying to punch the pin out to remove the trigger group, the damn punch slid to the side and scratched the finish pretty good. I will admit I was pushing pretty hard because the pin didn't want to budge.
    69cfdc2fd1a33c911b106a04da587b4f.jpg

Watch out with mosquito spray around the camo finishes. I have an SBEII who's barrel had a close encounter with some and is very ugly now.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    +1 on the deet! It will melt nearly anything plastic or rubber!

The only auto shotgun I own is an old Franchi light bird gun so I can't speak from experience, but I know 3 people with the A300 and they love them. Another great offering is the Benelli super black eagle. I'm told that the A300 will eat any load with no issues.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    +1 on the deet! It will melt nearly anything plastic or rubber!

The only auto shotgun I own is an old Franchi light bird gun so I can't speak from experience, but I know 3 people with the A300 and they love them. Another great offering is the Benelli super black eagle. I'm told that the A300 will eat any load with no issues.
    There is a super black eagle 1 and a super black eagle 2. The 2 gets lots of good reviews. I found a 1 at a pawn shop in lafayette, but couldn't find any reviews on it to know if it was a good gun or price. The price they were asking, and prices on the 2 had a pretty big difference, so you may want to pay attention to that.

Top Bottom