Help needed with Swarovski Habicht Nova 3x12x56 (frozen adjustments)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Terrebonne Parish
    I just inherited my grand father's deer rifle (Browning A-bolt 7mm rem mag) and it has a Swarovski Habicht Nova 3x12x56 from the mid-late 90's. Problem is that the magnification and turret caps are frozen. The rifle sat untouched in his collection for several years before his death. I am thinking of just putting some penetrating oil and seeing if that will free things up. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I wouldn't. Penetrating oil does exactly what it's supposed to do and that includes finding it's way into the optics. Being that it probably holds a good bit of sentimental value, not to mention the face value, I'd send it back to Swarovski for repairs and cleaning.

BayouDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Terrebonne Parish
    Thanks for the quick reply. You are right about the sentimental value and I don't want to do anything to ruin it but definitely want it back in operational condition as i would like to hunt with it from time to time. When i get home i will pull the serial number off the scope and try and contact Swarovski and make arrangements for its repair.

Top Bottom