HELP PSA pa10(ar10 308) BCG

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    I have a PA-10 and am having similar issues. If you look on the various internet forums as well as youtube, you will see that this is a consistent problem with the PA-10's. It usually is either a too stiff ejector spring or a too stiff extractor spring. It is not usually a headspace issue. All that being said, I have still not gotten mine to run properly. I plan on a few more tests and then will be shipping it back to PSA.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It's a shame that they are still shipping out these defected and potential dangerous rifles,there customer service department is pathetic..what I think they're doing is hoping the customers will give up and stop contacting them about getting there rifles shipped back to them so they can be repaired..if I have a question about buying a product from them they answer quickly but if I send them an email about the pa10 and asking if they're going to send a return shipping label then they will ignore it..this is not my first time buying from them but these pa10s have some serious issues that PSA is refusing to adress.. Unbelievable,this rifle has and there customer service has been stressing me out to the point that I just want to throw the rifle in the nearest garbage can..

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have a PA-10 and am having similar issues. If you look on the various internet forums as well as youtube, you will see that this is a consistent problem with the PA-10's. It usually is either a too stiff ejector spring or a too stiff extractor spring. It is not usually a headspace issue. All that being said, I have still not gotten mine to run properly. I plan on a few more tests and then will be shipping it back to PSA.

I'm not a gunsmith but I'm also sure it's the extractor pin and ejector issue..so did you fix those issues and are having separate issues as well?
    Man this rifle is one big headache,I feel ripped off and feel like my approximately $650 I spent on this rifle was stolen..im in there mailing list and they send me like 2-3 flyers a day on all the sales they're running which probably explains why they're so busy but they should slow the hell down on all those sales and adress the defected pa10 rifles that they're knowingly shipping out

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    I am still working on the failure to go into battery. I changed the ejector spring out to an AR-15 spring and it is not quite as stiff. I have taken the o-ring off of the extractor spring but that has not helped. Next step was to change out the extractor spring but I haven't gotten a chance to do this yet. If this does not work, I will have no choice but to send back to PSA as that is the limits of my ability.

I too am disappointed that PSA would ship rifles that consistently do not work. But it seems like this is only with the PA-10 model. I have had great luck with their AR-15's, not one single issue in the several I have assembled using their components.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Finally I just received an email and return label,judging by the reviews,it seems like they're not going to fix anything but I'm still going to send it back with my fingers crossed..if they send it back to me not repaired then I will send it to a gunsmith.
    I have also brought plenty of there Ar's without any issues which made me think there PA10 would be just as good..

PSA email
    Thank you for contacting Palmetto State Armory!

We have issued you a UPS return label to have the BCG sent to our Upper Division for repair. You will receive the return label via email from UPS. Please fill out the attached RMA form, and return it with the BCG. Our Upper Division will either repair, or exchange it for a new one if needed. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    I now have most of the issues worked out. It will chamber properly about 95% of the time. Gunsmith said there were a bunch of burrs in the locking lug profiles that he had to clean up and he cut off 1/2 coil off the ejector spring. I am hoping that with more shots down the tube it will "wear in" a bit and get to 100% reliability.

Let me know how your issues are delt with by PSA.

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    After shooting about 200 rds thru the rifle, it still occasionally has a failure to go into battery fully. As well, I am now having stove pipe jams with the ejected case failing to clear the ejection port and trapped by the closing bolt. I believe now the issue is that it is over -gassed, cycling the bolt too quickly to allow the fired case to clear. So I have ordered a heavy recoil spring and an H2 and H3 buffer to try and slow it down a bit. Also, the heavier recoil spring and buffer should add a little more oomph to the bolt when closing and should help the chambering issue as well.

Moe24 - any news on your rifle?

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Moe24 was picked up by the NOLA ICE Swat Team so he may not be allowed to respond at this time..

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Moe24 was picked up by the NOLA ICE Swat Team so he may not be allowed to respond at this time..
    Haha silly guy,
    Anyways I just got my upper back today and everything looks good so far,im taking it out tommorow to test fire it..I was told that the chamber was too tight from the manufacture..
    Here's the letter I received from PSA gunsmith on what the problems where,as I said I didn't take it out and test fire it but I put some dummy rounds in it and now the bolt is closing/going into battery all the way and it is ejecting the rounds normally..I have a good feeling it's going to function find tommorow

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    UPDATE:
    I am so impressed with this 308,took it out to the range and put 100 rounds thru it (40 brass and 60 steal both made by the cheap monarch ammo) and didn't have not one problem with it..I was shooting at 50-100 yards and a crappy scope and it did fantastic..The price I paid for this was so freaking cheap and it's badazz rifle..I also took my RPD out today and put 200 rounds thru it..today was a good day..here's my RPD

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Haha silly guy,
    Anyways I just got my upper back today and everything looks good so far,im taking it out tommorow to test fire it..I was told that the chamber was too tight from the manufacture..
    Here's the letter I received from PSA gunsmith on what the problems where,as I said I didn't take it out and test fire it but I put some dummy rounds in it and now the bolt is closing/going into battery all the way and it is ejecting the rounds normally..I have a good feeling it's going to function find tommorow

Ah, a head space issue. Glad you got it sorted out. And sad that it took so long. I've enjoyed the prices and selection at PSA for a few years and haven't had the pleasure of dealing with or depending on their customer service department. Glad to hear they are at least there

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    Really glad to hear that PSA took care of the problem and it is sorted out. I will not get to shoot my rifle until Sept. If it does not function 100%, I will contact PSA and send mine in as well.

Congrats on your escape from NOLA ICE Swat team!

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    Put an H3 buffer in today and that solved the problem. Now she runs like a champ. Ran 40 rds of 150 gr handloads and 30 rds 168 gr factory without a hiccup. Good to go now.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Out of 10 of the PSA AR10's I bought this year one of them came back...bad BCG. I swapped it with another one that we knew worked and it was fine. Sent in for repairs last week with a letter indicating such.

So far this is the ONLY PSA item to not work 100% since I started buying from them 2 years ago. Probably 60 or so firearms...seems acceptable especially given the fact that I had to send a sig 716 back for similar issue!

Patrick

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    did it have the super stiff ejector and extractor?

Yes it did

Really really stiff ejector and extractor but that didn't have nothing to do with it to my surprise..after they fixed the barrel I've put a couple hundred rounds threw it with no problem at all..I ended up selling it to fund another project but I can confirm the stiff ejector and extractor had nothing to do with it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom