Help with knife buying decision *Decision made*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Out of the choices you listed, I'd go with Delica first then Griptilian second. There's a reason both of these knives are so popular and have been in their companies line-ups for so long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula

FRANKEIGHT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    new iberia
    I carry a CRKT ayan or is it ryan? Which I bought in Florida 3 yrs ago for 24 dollars and have had no problems with it,its easy to sharpen and holds its edge.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Just what does EDC stand for? I own a lot of knives. Have had a great interest in edged weapons all my life, own 9 custom Randall Made Knives, Ka-Bars, Case, Queen, Victronox etc, etc, and sitting here with 2 Kershaws in pants pocket. A #3650 R.Martin and a #1970, with 6 more Kershaws on the nightstand all assisted openers ( I like the assisted opening feature)........never heard of EDC! Please tell me.
    Gary

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    Just what does EDC stand for? I own a lot of knives. Have had a great interest in edged weapons all my life, own 9 custom Randall Made Knives, Ka-Bars, Case, Queen, Victronox etc, etc, and sitting here with 2 Kershaws in pants pocket. A #3650 R.Martin and a #1970, with 6 more Kershaws on the nightstand all assisted openers ( I like the assisted opening feature)........never heard of EDC! Please tell me.
    Gary

Edc stands for every day carry.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Edc stands for every day carry.
    Thanks....never would have guessed. All these three letter things are confusing...
    The only thing I know about is TDC and BDC but that's only because I own a stock 1968 Chevelle SS with 357 CI V8 engine and do tune ups on it. Oh- I know what PSI stands for and that OMG thing. I'm learning , thanks for info.
    EODC - every other day carry. Look I just made one! This is fun...

Truth is I don't have an EDC , Got too many I like and depends on how I'm dressed.
    Gary

Last edited:

LoneStar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for your input...I bought the Delica 4.

I also picked up one of these;

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=77

Both good choices!

There are additional rods for the Sharpmaker to (UF, diamond, and the new CBNs) to consider down the road. Make sure to watch the DVD that came with them. Sharpen all your SO's kitchen knives, and keep them that way (a better name for the Sharpmaker might be Sharpkeeper), and benefits will accrue to you. Trust me!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom