Help with vehicle gun issues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I am not recommending this for others; but, years ago and far away in a land with no gun permits, an acquaintance escaped an armed kidnapping in a public area through being lucky and in excellent physical condition.
    He sought advice from two different career officers in the large city's P.D.
    The eventual solution was to have a holster made, from the same material as his Jeep seats, which covered most of a J-frame except the after-market black soft plastic grips.
    The entire deal went between the seats, butt forwards, nearer the driver. It looked so much like a part of the Jeep that no-one ever noticed. Jeeps have several black-handled levers projecting from the "transmission" hump, that the rig fit in well and disappeared.
    One of the older officers had been teaching search techniques for the P.D. and had used this type set-up as a training device.
    I drove this Jeep myself numerous times, even top & doors off, with the rig exposed to the entire world, and was amazed how well this "concealment in open sight" worked.
    Just an idea. Also, tell "CloudStrife" to practice thinking before talking. Be safe and good luck.

leVieux

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    So, let me get this straight... You were walking home, not breaking any laws and some guy blocks you with his car and steals your friends' Doritos? Dude, you sure it wasn't Steven Segal, Lawman?

"The law says you have to be 18 years old to have corn chips. I'll just take these for safe keeping."

That is funny! :rofl:

I have actually sat through a few SS episodes. It is not that it is a good show or that I recognize the places they go...it is just that NOTHING else was on of any value whatsoever. 200 channels of junk! I should have dry fire practiced instead of wasting my time. :o

The LEO didn't steal the chips. My friend got a ride in the back seat to come looking for me and left the chips in there. :(

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Maybe your boss will understand why you were late…maybe you have no priors and no traffic tickets…maybe your gun and car are confiscated and you are carted off to jail…maybe the woman cuts you a break and doesn’t press charges…maybe she calms down and realizes you didn’t do anything wrong and sets the record straight…maybe her pride and ego gets in the way or she wants to make an example of you and she won’t admit that she was wrong…

Either way, it probably wasn’t worth it.

Think this story is far-fetched? Think people can’t see one thing and imagine another? See my next thread…

Silly post...
    The police cannot confiscate your car or your gun based on that, the gun is IN your car; therefore, it's an extension of your house! Castle Doctrine rules!!!

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Silly post...
    The police cannot confiscate your car or your gun based on that, the gun is IN your car; therefore, it's an extension of your house! Castle Doctrine rules!!!

So you can point your gun at somebody while in your car and you are guaranteed to drive away from the scene in your car and with your gun? :confused:

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I'm sorry I got off the subject.

Let's get back to the task at hand and start a new thread about the rabbits.

Turbodog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Tangipahoa parish
    I used to have an enclosed drawer mounted under the drivers side of my pickups seat. It was lockable and when not locked, I could reach down while seated, pushed a button on the front and the drawer would pop out wide open making it easy to just pick up my pistol. The drawer was lined with foam which protected the gun and kept it from shifting around.

When locked it would have been a real beeotch to get it open where it was located, so I never worried about it getting stolen. Unless they took the whole truck that is.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    So you can point your gun at somebody while in your car and you are guaranteed to drive away from the scene in your car and with your gun? :confused:

Only if you are escaping a life-threatening incident. If you randomly ride around and point your gun at folks through the window....well..short version is you will face legal trouble.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I used to have an enclosed drawer mounted under the drivers side of my pickups seat. It was lockable and when not locked, I could reach down while seated, pushed a button on the front and the drawer would pop out wide open making it easy to just pick up my pistol. The drawer was lined with foam which protected the gun and kept it from shifting around.

When locked it would have been a real beeotch to get it open where it was located, so I never worried about it getting stolen. Unless they took the whole truck that is.

Very nice! I have a few electrical connection under my seat but it may work for me and others. Where do we find info on this drawer?

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Don't know if anyone suggested this yet, sorry, didn't read the entire post.

But you might consider a Maxpedition bag. I use one and when in the vehicle, I loop the strap over the passenger seat to secure it. The gun is accessable in it's inner holster. When I exit the vehicle, if I don't carry it with me, it is easily lockable in the trunk.

The negative here is that you have to be on alert as it is slower than having it secured in a vehicle mounted holster, or on body carry.

So it takes a little more awareness to carry in the vehicle in this manner, but...imo you should be in "Condition Yellow" anyway while armed, or not armed for that matter.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I have a Versipak Jumbo S type. I think that's the name.

Same type I use I think. Not sure of Type S or ?. Mine is the one without the water bottle but it is hydration compatable or so I read on the package. :). Never used that feature yet.

Great bags huh?

Is your passenger seat too far away for access to the bag/weapon? I'm in an Infiniti and it's still close enough. While driving I have the weapon section unzipped, but pulled closed. Easy enough to reach over right handed and grab it if needed. Or to covertly do so by moving the back top down from line of sight. Don't feel hindered at all with this set up, and it is uber secure from a crash or impact. Or if someone should sneak up to attempt smash/grab thru the passenger window, I don't think it would be an easy task to take that bag from the seat with the strap looped over the seatback. Especially not with me now holding onto it and the weapon :).

Hope this helps. Curious as to which way you are leaning to "solve" your issue?

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I thought about that too. Maybe it could be adjusted to incapacitate.

That is a definite. Bones saws and cauterizes don't bother me a bit now.

I have a this gun vault secured to my back passenger seat. Since I can't bring my gun concealed into school I lock it up in there. I know they make a minivault as well. I got mine for 50 bucks used. P.S. if you want to get rid of that Model 66 I would take it off your hands. I have been looking for one for awhile.

514V4FtwEgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Top Bottom