henry .22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    If you're talking about the H001 it is very cheaply built. But it shoots straight

I disagree with the above statement.

I own a henry H001L and it is a great rifle in my opinion for the price. Smooth as butter action and will even cycle 20 grain Aquilla primer ammo with out a hitch.
    Mix match ammo mine doesn't care. Makes me SMILE when I shoot cans at 75 yards with it:}

But this is simply MHO

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    I love mine. The only problem I had with mine was when it was brand new. It wouldn't eject federal shells. I shot CCI for a long time and got it broke in. Now it'll shoot anything.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Love the H001! Can't even say that's it's a good rifle "for the price"...it's just a good rifle. A step down from the Golden Boy or Marlin 39A or even the Browning but my Henry fed and cycled everything from primer charged Aguilla Super Colibris to hot loaded CCI Stingers. Dependable and accurate,oh and did I mention...hours of Fun!!

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    my son bought one and the best thing about it is that you can not only shoot shorts, L, and LR, but we can shoot the Aguila Super Colibri (no powder) in the back yard. The semi-autos won't cycle the because they don't have enough recoil.

tmbold

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Denham Springs
    my son bought one and the best thing about it is that you can not only shoot shorts, L, and LR, but we can shoot the Aguila Super Colibri (no powder) in the back yard. The semi-autos won't cycle the because they don't have enough recoil.

doesn't the box say handgun only

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I disagree with the above statement.

I own a henry H001L and it is a great rifle in my opinion for the price. Smooth as butter action and will even cycle 20 grain Aquilla primer ammo with out a hitch.
    Mix match ammo mine doesn't care. Makes me SMILE when I shoot cans at 75 yards with it:}

But this is simply MHO
    I do have one and like it for what it is. And I'm talking about the H001. On that model the finish on the reciever is very weak. And also on that model if you remove the front sight you can bend the barrel with 2 fingers. It is accurate however. But that is about it. Accuracy does count for allot though. Henry did stop putting plastic sights and barrel bands on the H001 which is a far improvement than the plastic ones. I will give them that. I am very curious as to how mine will preform in about 5000 rounds. To be made in America and cost the low price that they do, it HAS to be cheaply built. That doesn't mean they are not fun to shoot. Just my opinion

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    doesn't the box say handgun only

no, not on any of the boxes we have here; I just looked.

We do shoot them in my H&R 929 revo just like anything else, but if I put them in the Ruger 22/45, I have to hand cycle it each time. same with the rifles, the Henry lever-action eats them just like anything else, but the Marlin 60 and the Ruger 10/22 requires hand cycling.

Top Bottom