Heritage .22 LR/.22 mag revolver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Looking to grab a few .22 handguns and would like to here from those that own a Heritage .22 revolver.

I already own a S&W 422 and just purchased a Ruger 22/45 yesterday. Next I'd like to pick up a Heritage .22 combo with adjustable sights.

Any info would be appreciated.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Is there a $250 margin of improvement to justify the Ruger? I know the Rugers are great revolvers but for just shooting targets and plinking that's a large price difference.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    I felt so, particularly in the trigger area and cylinder lockup. The Ruger has a far better trigger. IF youre dedicated to doing it on the cheap the Heritage is perfectly functional and reliable. It would have lasted me a lifetime of shooting, but I was always just a little unhappy with it. I sold the Heritage after a couple of months and a few thousandrounds.I am now shopping for a DA 22 revolver, but was looking at the Ruger SA after a friend let me try hers.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Thanks for the input. I've never shot either one. As stated before, the use would be a few times a year and maybe 500 rounds in that time. Usually when I go I bring 5 or 6 .22 rifles so the shooting is spread out.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The Ruger will be something that you can pass on to your grand children. The Heritage has a cheap plastic safety switch that I couldn't see lasting. Besides, there should never be any type of safety switch on a single action revolver. A cross bar safety (like on Rugers) is fine with me, but I couldn't even consider a Heritage with that piece of junk they stick on their guns.

Get a Ruger Single Six or a Bearcat... and avoid any SA with a safety switch.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    Listen to all the good info/advice and then do exactly as YOU want. That way you'll have exactly what You want...good...bad ...or
    ugly. That's what most of us do anyhow. GOOD LUCK !!!

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I love my herritage 22lr with the extra 22mag cylinder. I think it well worth the money. Especially if you pick one up on Black Friday for $99.95!

And that stupid safety comes out super easy.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I bought 3 about 5 or 6 years ago at academy for $99 each. Gave one as a gift, sold one recently and shoot the crap out of the other. Well worth the money

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I, as well as a few of my friends, all have Heritage Rough Riders. I agree that the Rugers are much nicer SA .22s, but for under $200 the Heritage is a pretty sweet little shooter. I haven't had any problems with mine at all. One of my friends only had a problem when dropping his on his adjustable sight. He got a new piece from Heritage and had it back to shooting in no time.

cvinson

We the People...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Picked one up at a pawn shop a few months back. Enjoy it as a plinker. No problems with it either. The kids and wife enjoy the single action of it.

Top Bottom