Heroin: Making a comeback with avengence

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yes, please stop posting statutes and law. Let's not let information get in the way of our arguments.

If you must actually reference facts, please post a link no one will bother clicking or simply take individual lines of the statute and post them out of context.

Thanks.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Yes, please stop posting statutes and law. Let's not let information get in the way of our arguments.

If you must actually reference facts, please post a link no one will bother clicking or simply take individual lines of the statute and post them out of context.

Thanks.

It's like you read my mind.

No one likes facts. Let's just allow our tin foil encrusted imagination run wild about conspiracies and lone gunman against the establishment fantasies.

JR1572

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    It's like you read my mind.

No one likes facts. Let's just allow our tin foil encrusted imagination run wild about conspiracies and lone gunman against the establishment fantasies.

JR1572
    First off, I am patiently waiting to read/discuss valid counter arguments to anything I posted. Secondly, I have 2 copies of the Laws and Regulations book on hand and have to keep up with changes, so I'm fairly versed. 90% of the law that you posted was not necessary to the discussion of heroin. No need to try and baffle people with all that extra fluff that's not pertinent.

Again, I see your trying to steer the discussion to a derp hunt rather than stay on topic.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    First off, I am patiently waiting to read/discuss valid counter arguments to anything I posted. Secondly, I have 2 copies of the Laws and Regulations book on hand and have to keep up with changes, so I'm fairly versed. 90% of the law that you posted was not necessary to the discussion of heroin. No need to try and baffle people with all that extra fluff that's not pertinent.

Again, I see your trying to steer the discussion to a derp hunt rather than stay on topic.

What are you looking for me to argue with you? The war on drugs is a failure? Yeah, we know, but by giving up how will it make it better?

I post the whole law so everyone can see it. People are too lazy to click on links or read the whole thing anyway. I also post the whole law because I have no idea what year edition people have on the other end of the Internet. I just found a 2004 RS book in the corner of the office I just moved into.

I don't have to go on a derp hunt. The derp just shows up.

JR1572

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    What are you looking for me to argue with you? The war on drugs is a failure? Yeah, we know, but by giving up how will it make it better?

I post the whole law so everyone can see it. People are too lazy to click on links or read the whole thing anyway. I also post the whole law because I have no idea what year edition people have on the other end of the Internet. I just found a 2004 RS book in the corner of the office I just moved into.

I don't have to go on a derp hunt. The derp just shows up.

JR1572
    I assume Speed's post was in reference to me, to which you expanded upon. As if the law you posted was interfering with my arguments because "no one likes facts". You go on to mention tin foil, conspiracies, and fantasies. To whom were you referring? If it was not me I will be slightly surprised, but offer my appologies nonetheless.

And yes, ending the war on drugs will make it better. You cannot properly control the supply, so it's time to understand why the demand is so high. If you can decrease the demand, then you can diminish the market. The same cannot be said if you diminish the supply. People will look for other ways to get what they need.....bath salts and synthetic marijuana anyone?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I assume Speed's post was in reference to me, to which you expanded upon. As if the law you posted was interfering with my arguments because "no one likes facts". You go on to mention tin foil, conspiracies, and fantasies. To whom were you referring? If it was not me I will be slightly surprised, but offer my appologies nonetheless.

And yes, ending the war on drugs will make it better. You cannot properly control the supply, so it's time to understand why the demand is so high. If you can decrease the demand, then you can diminish the market. The same cannot be said if you diminish the supply. People will look for other ways to get what they need.....bath salts and synthetic marijuana anyone?

I am referring to you.

Show me an example of a place where all drugs were decriminalized and it worked.

JR1572

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I am referring to you.

Show me an example of a place where all drugs were decriminalized and it worked.

JR1572

The more important, still unanswered question is show me an example of a place where drugs are criminalized and it worked. You just acknowledged that it hasn't worked here. But your answer is, 'lets keep doing what doesn't work.'

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    The more important, still unanswered question is show me an example of a place where drugs are criminalized and it worked. You just acknowledged that it hasn't worked here. But your answer is, 'lets keep doing what doesn't work.'

Neither one will work.

Like I've said before, I'm really concerned about how so many of you people here (on a firearms forum) want drugs decriminalized.

JR1572

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I've spent a lot of time around "hard drugs" (mostly cocaine), and their users. Lived with them. I never saw anything bad happen, and I never felt an urge to indulge, myself. I have literally never smoked a single hit on a blunt. Just doesn't appeal to me. I think that those it DOES appeal to, though, will do what it takes to fix that itch. Therein lies the problem, I think.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I did! They are all obviously too high on power and pissing away my money to listen.

So when it all gets decriminalized, what are you going to use first? Heroin? Marijuana? Pills?

You and your tin foil pals can all get high and fantasize about killing cops and overthrowing the government.

Awesome.

JR1572

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    So when it all gets decriminalized, what are you going to use first? Heroin? Marijuana? Pills?

You and your tin foil pals can all get high and fantasize about killing cops and overthrowing the government.

Awesome.

JR1572
    This ****'s gettin' real old.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Neither one will work.

Like I've said before, I'm really concerned about how so many of you people here (on a firearms forum) want drugs decriminalized.

JR1572

I'll ignore that there may be some reference to a vested interest in my opinion. Instead, I'll admit to a vested interest that I hate waste.....of any kind..... in any amount.... in any endeavor. But even more, I hate being bullsh-tted, particularly by a government that claims to be concerned about such and such problem, but exhibit zero inclination to do the tough things necessary to actually solve it.

I am encouraged that you see the failure of the status quo. Legalization may not be the answer, but for godsakes lets at least do something different/new/radical. I almost hoped that you would revisit the Taliban example. You want to start executing dealers AND users, I'm down for giving it a try. But make it summary; no 15 years of appeals. But then I'm also in favor of deadly force to defend property.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell

Awesome.

JR1572

You just couldn't restrain the inner derp, could you? Grow up.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'll ignore that there may be some reference to a vested interest in my opinion. Instead, I'll admit to a vested interest that I hate waste.....of any kind..... in any amount.... in any endeavor. But even more, I hate being bullsh-tted, particularly by a government that claims to be concerned about such and such problem, but exhibit zero inclination to do the tough things necessary to actually solve it.

I am encouraged that you see the failure of the status quo. Legalization may not be the answer, but for godsakes lets at least do something different/new/radical. I almost hoped that you would revisit the Taliban example. You want to start executing dealers AND users, I'm down for giving it a try. But make it summary; no 15 years of appeals. But then I'm also in favor of deadly force to defend property.

Don't feed me that nonsense either. All for killing drug dealer. Quit talking out of both sides of your mouth. Yeah, I love the constitution but let's kill drug dealers!

Just plain nuts.

JR1572

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Oh, I must have struck a nerve...

JR1572

Tell ya what, smart _ss. I'll take ANY kind of test you want, any time, any day. Non prescription or prescription or street or ALCOHOL. Will you?

I'd love the opportunity to prove you for what you are.

Make the appointment. Nut up or shut up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom