Hey guys (and gals?)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Howdy! Welcome to the BS. Seems like we are getting a lot more Ouachita people on here lately. Makes me glad. The cajuns been running this site for too long.

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    I've been cruising gun forums for a while, even helped start one or two. I moved down here about two years ago from the Memphis area when I separated from my ex wife, and this site was recommended to me by a friend. He's in law enforcement and told me this is a good place to learn some of the local laws. I learned real quick though, most of y'all's gun laws are near identical to what I'm accustomed to in Mississippi, and I've had too many irons in the fire these past two years to check this board out.

But, now I find myself with a touch extra free time, so here I am.

Projects underway: experimenting with making micarta (gonna try for something ivory looking. Not working out too well yet) and rebuilding my 1911.

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step shall be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    So, I'm experimenting with some home brewed rust blue. I'll be posting up a report later.

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step shall be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    Haven't signed on in a while... lots of things went on over the summer.

Vacation! Almost forgot what one was! Rode my motorcycle from West Monroe, Louisiana, to Branson Missouri. Took scenic highway 7 through Arkansas, beautiful ride.

Work work work... 80+ hours a week on some occasions. Everyone else wanted to take some time off too, and my son was at his mom's for the summer, so I volunteered for overtime.

Work on my bike. Just maintenance tinkering, oil changes, tires, pulleys and the like. Can't get my clutch lever to keep the right adjustment though, but I've gotten pretty good at the occasional adjustment while riding down the road.

Then my boy came home! These summers get long and lonesome between just me and the dog. I did find some entertainment on occasion, but nothing to write home about. The boy is what I live for, he's been home almost a month now, but we been busy busy busy...

Home made rust blue=failed. Well, it's functional, but ugly as sin, and wasn't nearly as durable as I'd hoped. Idea scrapped. I'm going with TiN, just need to save up a bit for it. Yes, that's the gold plated looking finish they use on Desert Eagles. And I'm weird like that, I'm a redneck that likes a bit of bling.

Here's a pic. Don't judge, I've already caught hell for this. But notice the lack of traffic to the rear, and in the reflection of my glasses you'll see the lack of traffic to the front. I also slowed down all the way to first gear, I'm not stupid enough to snap a selfie at 70.

858d9d96de9ec2baaaf49549d7ad6b2b.jpg

Top Bottom