Hey Military Guys? What Can You Tell Me About the Gen III ECWS Jackets?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I want to buy an ECWS (probably Gen III), for hunting. Most likely wind jacket only.

Thoughts on how much, where I can find one that won't put me in the poor house? Any of you guys got one you want to get rid of?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have a issued original ECWS jacket that I would let go if you decide on a woodland Camo one

vietboy1st

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Boston,Mass
    i am not in the military but my buddies are. They get issued Gortex brand GenIII jacket. those are pretty great. Now you can get those for like $125 - $160 top brand new and bottom is around $ 80 or less. :)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have a issued original ECWS jacket that I would let go if you decide on a woodland Camo one

I've always maintained this about woodland camo; "If it works to help conceal American soldiers from getting shot in the woods, then I am damn sure it will work for deer!"

What size do you have, and is it gen III?

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    we get issued gortex now. but by looking at motor51's link im pretty sure i had one of those when i was younger and it was VERY warm and cozy. i think mine had a removable inner liner as well. not sure if its the same one or not though

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    i am not in the military but my buddies are. They get issued Gortex brand GenIII jacket. those are pretty great. Now you can get those for like $125 - $160 top brand new and bottom is around $ 80 or less. :)

Where from? I used to get tons of stuff from US Calvary, but they were very proud of it. My brother used to get us both all kinds of great stuff from the PX when he was in, but that was m60 field jackets and older stuff. He got out right before the first ECWS system was issued to him for free, but told me they were awesome. Back then first Gen ECWS were almost $400 from the PX.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Thrift shop on base @ Gulfport seabees had plenty used ones last summer . You can get a temp. pass to go on base .Thrift store is near comminsary .

You location says you are everywhere :doh:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Its a gen II I believe. They have a liner in them that is not removable and its a size medium. I think I wore it twice after it was issued so it looks brand new

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Quote Originally Posted by jms View Post
    You location says you are everywhere
    I am!

Ha , I know you're not God , so you must be Santa :deadhorse:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    The Gen II were really hit and miss on stopping rain. I had 2 while I was in the Service. The first I had was not waterproof. It was more "resistant" in that it would eventually soak through and you would get wet. I had a buddy who was EOD and got tons of gear and he saw how bad mine was and gave me an extra that he had. This one worked awesome and really was waterproof. Same jacket/manufacturer/everything. So, just be careful with the GEN IIs.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The Gen II were really hit and miss on stopping rain. I had 2 while I was in the Service. The first I had was not waterproof. It was more "resistant" in that it would eventually soak through and you would get wet. I had a buddy who was EOD and got tons of gear and he saw how bad mine was and gave me an extra that he had. This one worked awesome and really was waterproof. Same jacket/manufacturer/everything. So, just be careful with the GEN IIs.

I think some are waterproof and some are water resistant on the ECWS. On the M60's we just Scotch Guarded the crap out of them.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I would take $50 for it if you get out to BR area or know someone that will pick it up for you of you think that's a fair price

Top Bottom