Hi-Point 9mm carbine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Picked up one of these new for $300 including two extra clips and FFL fee. Fun gun to shoot and dead on accurate out of the box. Took it to the range on Sunday and ran 100 rounds through it without a single problem.

I rarely shoot open sights and was highly impressed that at 50 feet I placed 8/10 in a 1-1/2 circle on three targets. I was shooting 115 FMJ Blazer brass and free standing. Did a couple rapid fire test and it spit the 10 rounds out perfectly.

Some feel this gun is junk but for $300 and a lifetime warranty that transfers, the first shooting experience I had, it's well worth it.

Will try longer distance next time out.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I used to be a major supporter for this gun, I even bought two of them. They went a few thousand rounds before I had issues, but once I started having problems they just kept comin. Avoid the promags at all costs. The horror stories are legit.

Great gun for a cheap price, but when it started having problems it wasnt even fun at the range. Until then, it was fantastic.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    I bought one from a friend that was beat to death, the trigger was broke & it looked like it had been drug behind a truck. He sent it back to have the trigger fixed before I took possession of it. When it was returned, neither of us could tell if it was the same gun or a new one. Hi-pernt did an excellent job repairing it. And it has not given me any issues what so ever. (other than the fact that it is ugly as hell) I did manage to get a different stock for it, so now it looks like a 'clone'.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    That's the amazing thing is how they stand behind their product. I've heard three, now four personal accounts of how a gun was sent to HP in rough condition and returned as good as new.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    That's the amazing thing is how they stand behind their product. I've heard three, now four personal accounts of how a gun was sent to HP in rough condition and returned as good as new.

When I mentioned the issues I had with mine, they said "send us yours and we'll send you a brand new one - even a different caliber if you choose"

their customer service was impressive, but the gun failing to feed more than half the magazine or FTE 2 rounds a mag were just awful. Bet my life on it? pfft, I wouldn't bet $10.00 at the range on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom