High capicity .45

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Thanks for all the responses now y'all really have me thinking ima have to really look at the glock an the FNX I'll check out the sig while I'm at it I've just never really been a sig fan of course the only pistol I've shot of there's is the mosquito an it felt like it was going to fall apart in my hands. Also where would you be able to look at the para I've never seen one on the shelf but I've never really looked either.

If it is something that you'll seriously need when you use it, I'd stay away from 1911's and even further away from double stack 1911s.

MrNiceGuy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    New Orleans Louisiana
    I bought mine about a year ago and most of what i've shot through it was winchester white box with no issues.

They may have fixed it, but even FN admitted it was a problem. They blamed it on cheap FMJ rounds being made too long and getting stuck in the magazines. It was the exact issue I was having with mine.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I like the G41 and the FNX45. TheG41 has a longer barrel and sight radius. The FNX45 has a pretty smooth DA trigger pull and an easy SA trigger pull. The FNX will yield 30 to 40 feet per second more.

jaydbs2000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    If you have found an FNX 45 for $739 buy it. Most I have seen are running $1000 or better. I picked up my FNX tactical for $980 and that was the gun dealers price. Mine has the threaded barrel 3 hi cap mags and the nylon zipper case every thing fits in. So you say $739 I say jump on it.

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    For several seasons I carried a full size HK USP45 as a backup for hunting, in a belt holster. I really didn't have any complaints about the gun, still have it, it's not going anywhere.

Then I bought a Glock 30S last year and I've been carrying it inside the waistband in a Crossbreed holster.

I'm not going back. Not that the Glock is a better gun than the HK, but the size and carry IWB is just perfect. The HK on the belt would interfere with the climbing harness, when I carried a rifle over the shoulder, it would bang against it. It would get wet in the rain and sometimes when I turned around in a tree stand, it would bang against the seat and spook deer.

So I gave up some capacity, but if 10+1 of .45 ain't enough, I'm done for anyway.

The convenience of this setup can not be beat. In fact, I first intended this for hunting only, now I carry it every day.

Last edited:

sc00by

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Was weight a factor in the final choices? If you want to consider steel (which is heavier), the CZ 97B seems like an excellent gun; based on the CZ 75 design. Every review I've read praises it highly. On the negative side, it may be pretty heavy to carry; on the plus side you should be able to find one under $700 total out the door.

LPS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Port Vincent, Louisiana
    The FNX I found was not the tatical version just the FNX. Im gonna try and make it tomorrow to check some of these out an see how they feel, work has been keeping me from doin that. Hopefully I will have a better idea of what I want tomorrow and will update yall. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

LPS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Port Vincent, Louisiana
    Finally made a decision an got a FNX .45. Really like the gun an how it shoots the trigger is a lil different but with more time shooting it I'm pretty sure that i will get used to it. Thanks again for all y'all's help

Toork

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    I had a FNP 45 Tactical when they came out. I liked it a lot. Shot real smooth, pretty accurate, & overall aesthetically pleasing. I have a USP 45 which I ultimately liked More. Even with a 3 round handicap. I eventually traded it for a Vepr12. One downside when I owned it was holster availability. I'm sure it's different now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Iii ni a

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    My cousin got a G41 last month, and loves it. He didn't have to buy new magazines (carries a G21 for work), and says the accuracy is top notch.

I'll probably pick one up soon, myself. :)

Top Bottom