Highway Robbery By LEO, Or Damn Yankee Had It Coming

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    bad cops

back before the 1960s it was common for police to stop travlers going thru southen states and charge them with something and lead them to the local judge who would fine them what ever they had on them.the governors got so much heat from feds they began to set traps and got many judges and police.
    since then it has stopped.the south is known for bad cops.it does not go down very well in the north.and as you all know what gun control is for in the south,it was politices in the north.and we are all still suffering for those policies.some of the cash and carry was to pay the law because the town did not and fines [graft] was a way of life.it has not gone away.there is a distinct
    line running thru virginia into the south and it marks the life style of the north and south.financialy the north is far better.I am shocked ate the poverty of the south as I was in 1943 when I first visited the south.and I am still shocked at the trash that is thrown on my property by people.:D:rolleyes:

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    While this case sounds odd, The older guys from the Baton Rouge area will remember a case in which a certain, Grosse Tete Chief was arrested for something similar

Yep, St. Romain, rumor was that he would take the money straight to the tiger truck stop and put it in the video poker machine.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Surely most of you can recall the forced forfeitures of cash to Jefferson Parish deputies by out of state residents on I-10 publicized by NBC in the 90's. A similar scenario was recently exposed in the little town of Tenaha, TX on U.S. 59 where blacks were primarily targeted. The cops basically said, "That cash is drug proceeds, but if you let us keep it, you won't be charged and can leave town now. " Some Nacogdoches attorney investigated and broke that camel's back.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Wasn't that the Dateline special (or maybe 60 minutes) where they claimed it was drug money coming from Texas or Florida?? Almost every dollar bill will test positive for drug traces and so forth.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Yes, the show was a Dateline special. Very alarming that such a thing could be happening in this day and age on an institutional basis. I see little difference between these incidents and armed robbery by thugs.

Top Bottom