Hillary Clinton headed to the mideast... it will do nothing.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Our Secretary of State is heading to the mideast to try and defuse the Israel-Gaza conflict. She'll be well received by Israel, but not Egypt and the West Bank. Why? Aside from the fact the US backs Israel, it's a simple matter of sexism. Muslim states see women as inferior; women are not respected AT ALL in Arab states. I don't believe her trip will do anything; in fact, it may further divide the US/Israel from the Arab countries. Although it's the Sec of State's job to handle things like this, I believe Obama himself should go do some talking instead of traveling through Burma.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/20/clinton-headed-to-jerusalem-ramallah-and-cairo-to-seek-end-to-israelgaza/

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Our Secretary of State is heading to the mideast to try and defuse the Israel-Gaza conflict. She'll be well received by Israel, but not Egypt and the West Bank. Why? Aside from the fact the US backs Israel, it's a simple matter of sexism. Muslim states see women as inferior; women are not respected AT ALL in Arab states. I don't believe her trip will do anything; in fact, it may further divide the US/Israel from the Arab countries. Although it's the Sec of State's job to handle things like this, I believe Obama himself should go do some talking instead of traveling through Burma.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/20/clinton-headed-to-jerusalem-ramallah-and-cairo-to-seek-end-to-israelgaza/

Why? He's as disrespected by them as she is. Probably more so.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I'm the sure the ugly cow will accomplish just as much as she has during her entire run as secretary of state.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Why? He's as disrespected by them as she is. Probably more so.

I disagree. When Netanyahu wanted to meet w/ Obama a couple months ago, he turned him down, instead meeting with Egypt's muslim brotherhood. He's very ingrained in the muslim world, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't brushing up on his Arabic. In fact, just using Egypt as an example(there are many), Obama just recently bailed out Egypt, forgiving them of $1 billion of their debt to us, and cosigning on a loan for another $3 billion or so. Depsite what the radicals did Sept 11, the muslim political powers that be are extremely happy to be friends w/ Barack Hussein Obama.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I disagree. When Netanyahu wanted to meet w/ Obama a couple months ago, he turned him down, instead meeting with Egypt's muslim brotherhood. He's very ingrained in the muslim world, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't brushing up on his Arabic. In fact, just using Egypt as an example(there are many), Obama just recently bailed out Egypt, forgiving them of $1 billion of their debt to us, and cosigning on a loan for another $3 billion or so. Depsite what the radicals did Sept 11, the muslim political powers that be are extremely happy to be friends w/ Barack Hussein Obama.

Bribery for political gain and legitimate respect are two different galaxies. It is a major part of our current foreign policy flaw.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm not convinced SOS Cankles will achieve anything, either.

And I'm sure our friends in Iran have absolutely NO hand in any of this. :rolleyes:

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Bribery for political gain and legitimate respect are two different galaxies. It is a major part of our current foreign policy flaw.

Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me lol, I think we're on the same page. Money certainly buys respect(even if it's hollow), yes it's wrong, but that's just how it is.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me lol, I think we're on the same page. Money certainly buys respect(even if it's hollow), yes it's wrong, but that's just how it is.

I am disagreeing with you based on your premise that the pretender can make things happen as opposed to Clinton. You cite examples that display loyalty to our money, or what we can do for them. The foreign version of the "free ****" society.

Who from other countries wouldn't take the "free ****". Just like here, they didn't have to actually do or show anything for earning it. Just pretend they are on board!

With what, I have no idea? ;)

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am disagreeing with you based on your premise that the pretender can make things happen as opposed to Clinton. You cite examples that display loyalty to our money, or what we can do for them. The foreign version of the "free ****" society.

Who from other countries wouldn't take the "free ****". Just like here, they didn't have to actually do or show anything for earning it. Just pretend they are on board!

With what, I have no idea? ;)

Ah ok, well guess we disagree on that one. The "free ****" tactic got your beloved leader re-elected :kiss:, it's all he knows! I think it will buy us some love from Egypt in the short term, then history will repeat itself and backfire like it did when we armed Saddam and Afghanistan... but for the short term, I think it will work. I hope it does, b/c if Egypt takes military action against Israel, Iran will follow suit and it's hello WWIII.

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Not trolling, but curious. Why is it that the U.S. president is required to drop everything and meet with the president of Isreal or go to Isreal himself? Is the U.S. an errand boy for Isreal? Isreal has shown it can handle its own against the Arab world with the aid of billions of dollars in American military equipment. I think Isreal is justified in their defense, but I dont think we need to be bending over backwards for them all the time. Our other allies have done more for us and get little respect from the U.S. how many troops did the IDF send to fight with us in Iraq and Afghanistan? France sent troops and the U.S. public nearly crusified them for not backing us unquestionably in Iraq.

Honestly curious.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    PREDICTION: Egypt kow-tows to the US until it gets the billions of dollars it so desperately needs. After a short pause, the rockets and attacks on Israel will continue as before they got the billions of dollars of our money!!! Morsi is figuratively grabbing his crotch and telling the clueless one in the White House and Hillary to "SUCK IT!!!"

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    All Muslims are not the same. All Arabs are not the same. The politics of the region are complex. Secretary Clinton's Sex isn't relavant. She isn't negotiating on behave of herself se is speaking backed by the full weight of the United States. Brian22 alot of your facts are either grossly overstated or just wrong.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    All Muslims are not the same.
    All Arabs are not the same.
    Secretary Clinton's Sex isn't relavant.

I think the answer is in your post.

-All Muslims are not the same.
    -All Arabs are not the same.
    -Secretary Clinton's Sex isn't relevant.
    BUT;
    -All Muslims are not the same.
    -All Arabs are not the same.

and Secretary Clinton's Sex isn't relevant?

I think her sex is relevant and a study of the Muslim Religion clearly identifies that which I'm sure you well know. ;)

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Are all European Leaders Religious? Then why assume all Arab Leaders are? The Arabs want our money and they want to avoid our JDAMs. In order to accomplish that they would negotiate with bobo the chimp. Hillary is respected because of the office she holds and what it represents.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I don't think he is at all. I think he likes money and power. I think much like Mullah Omar orbJerry Falwell he has mastered using religion to make himself rich and maintain power. It's also a moot point because Secretary Clinton doesn't meet with Hamas . They are listed by the State Dept as a Terrorist Orginization. We don't negotiate with terrorist.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I don't think he is at all. I think he likes money and power. I think much like Mullah Omar orbJerry Falwell he has mastered using religion to make himself rich and maintain power. It's also a moot point because Secretary Clinton doesn't meet with Hamas . They are listed by the State Dept as a Terrorist Orginization. We don't negotiate with terrorist.

Touche'

Top Bottom