hit and run arrest.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6cyclone6

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    BATON ROUGE
    I was arrested for a hit and run (not felony) and paid a $253.00 fine for it (after almost 2 year court battle total bs!) Does this count as traffic or criminal? I went to traffic court, but I was arrested do I need to declare this?
    thanks

6cyclone6

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    BATON ROUGE
    I was not sure since it was done through traffic court, I gues I will get that crap while I am at it. Nothing makes you feel like more of a crimminal than seeing the files of EVERYTHING you have ever done wrong on the table!

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I was arrested for a hit and run (not felony) and paid a $253.00 fine for it (after almost 2 year court battle total bs!) Does this count as traffic or criminal? I went to traffic court, but I was arrested do I need to declare this?
    thanks

Many years ago I was at home in my bed and got a phone call at the house. There was an officer on the other line saying that I had been involved in a hit and run. Just to be clear.....I HAD NOT.

I tried to explain that I was home in bed and that my car had not been involved in any accident. The officer asked if I would meet the state trooper at Eddies Grocery on Hwy. 190 and talk to him. Like a dumb ass I went.

when I got there he asked me why I left the accident. I explained to him that I had not been in any accident and to look at the front of my 1989 Z28 which has a plastic front nose and see that there was not even a scratch on it.

To my face he cursed me and called me a f'ing liar. He placed me under arrest and took me to jail.

I had to spend money to bail myself out of jail and then I was complaining so much about the charge they said they would drop it to a no MVI sticker which at the time was 115.00. It was either that or face the judge and risk paying much much more in fines. I hated it but I took that lesser of a charge since it would not show up on my driving record.

I have always been a little mad at myself for taking that charge since I was completely innocent of ALL charges.

Water under the bridge today, but I have always wondered what all of that was about. How that come about. Who I must have pissed off for that to happen.

Not a cop bashing post what so ever.......just saying.

6cyclone6

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    BATON ROUGE
    I had the misfortune of accidentally cutting off and scared an off duty cops wife in foul weather (hurricane) . No damage on either car, fought in court for almost 2 years, had to pay the fine anyway. What did I get in return for my troubles? Constant harrassment from the officer in question and his friends until I had no choice but to move. When I go visit family and friends ten years later I still feel like I have a target on my back. I refuse to ever live in that city or parish again.I try not to "cop bash" but I think any cop with integrity would not take offence to me "bashing" the ones that do not.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I had the misfortune of accidentally cutting off and scared an off duty cops wife in foul weather (hurricane) . No damage on either car, fought in court for almost 2 years, had to pay the fine anyway. What did I get in return for my troubles? Constant harrassment from the officer in question and his friends until I had no choice but to move. When I go visit family and friends ten years later I still feel like I have a target on my back. I refuse to ever live in that city or parish again.I try not to "cop bash" but I think any cop with integrity would not take offence to me "bashing" the ones that do not.

Post on how that works out for ya :rofl:

It's a hard pill to swallow but the rules are different for them:squint:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge

What city or parish?

6cyclone6

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    BATON ROUGE
    I would rather not say where, I do not want to start any bs it's been over a long time, but it is a prime example of why I do not trust cops, or anyone else for that matter. I know there are plenty of good cops, even in the dept. where this happened. It just makes me mad that I am still dealing with this crap over ten years later when I was guilty of nothing.

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA

Could you at least elaborate on what the charge was that you fought in court for two years and finally paid a fine on?Just curious.

6cyclone6

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    BATON ROUGE
    hit and run, or leaving the scene of an accident as far as I can remember . I remember them telling me it was just a fine and I should just pay it, but I did not do it so I refused to pay the fine.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    IROC... I am more of a 5.0 guy.. lol

So am I. In 1985 I owned a Mustang. Origional 1969 GT350 Shelby

Shelby.jpg

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    Just list it. I had a misd juvenille arrest and even though the records are sealed it will still show when they check. It shouldn't keep you from getting the permit but not listing it prob will.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dusty84
    Top Bottom