HK P7 Grade A FS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    On the block is my HK P7 psp. This is a "Grade A" HKI police trade in, refinished in Cerakote by PlateTacular. It include the box, manual, tool, and 2 mags that have been refinished to match. It functions great, but I have ordered a new elbow spring and it should be in some time next week. It has no function issues, just an ugly spring and it's tough to feel the reset make a solid "click."

**edit** I'll also throw in a Don Hume IWB.

$800 obo, FTF Baton Rouge.

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4429.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yeah, it has to be squeezed before the trigger in order for the pistol to fire. It acts the same way as the grip safety on a 1911.

Not exactly. It's actually a genius design. I'm sure one of the Koch lovers can explain it better, but the P7 safety actually cocks the pistol on the first squeeze, allowing it to have a fantastic, pretty light trigger with zero chance of an ND.

skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    Cool, thanks

Not a problem. The only difference is that it actually cocks the pistol, whereas the 1911 is only a safety. When you let go of the grip on the P7, it automatically decocks the pistol as well. It's pretty convenient as a carry gun, because you can keep one in the pipe without any risk of an accidental discharge.

skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    Not exactly. It's actually a genius design. I'm sure one of the Koch lovers can explain it better, but the P7 safety actually cocks the pistol on the first squeeze, allowing it to have a fantastic, pretty light trigger with zero chance of an ND.

You beat me to the punch, it would seem.

kpm1234

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Lafayette
    It functions great, but I recommend replacing the trigger reset spring. The spring somehow became weak, but still functions. Bruce Gray has spring wire to make a new one or you can order a factory one, they're pretty cheap, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Fix it. This is a high end firearm.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Lovely heat, Rye Rye.

A and box, that's not everyday.

If every stock trigger had the characteristics of a P7, there would be peace on earth and no disease.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Went ahead and ordered a new elbow spring. It'll be here next week. I can either forward it to the buyer or jsut wait until it arrives and install it for them.

Last edited:

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm just going to bump this because it's an awesome pistol. I recently acquired one myself and I'm dumbstruck by how great it is. In fact, I'm so sold on this gun, I'm buying a P7M13 next and calling an end to the search for my 9mm pistol.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom