HK Sl8 to G36 conversion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcglp

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Livingston
    I just finished with my SL8 to G 36 conversion. This was the most dificult and aggrevating thing I ever did but in the end it was worth it. I have a barrel wrench and mandrel to remove the barrel if anyone needs to use it your welcome to . I am going to take it out this weekend and test fire it. I have both the G36 and Ar 15 magwells
    003.JPG

jcglp

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Livingston
    Sl8 rifle 1400
    Lower with stock 100
    Us made bolt 75
    Magwell 30
    Extra barrel 275
    Magwell conversion 225
    I used the blackmarket parts lower but the stock has a really long length of pull. I cut a section out of the stock and reattached it with a plastic welder and devcon 2 epoxy. I originally did the magwell conversion but ruined my receiver trying to take the barrel off to thread it. HK over tightens and soaks the barrel nut in locktite on to guns
    Made in 2011. I got a new receiver from HK and decided to have the magwell converstion done by Tom Bostic. If you get a newer gun you can send it to HK USA and they will take it off for 60 dollars. I still have the heavy barrel and it only takes a few minutes to change out the barrels

jcglp

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Livingston
    Compared to m4 it's pretty light. If you take the scope off it feels like an airsoft gun. The only metal is the bolt , trunion and barrel.

RobFMJ

Texan Transplant
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Sl8 rifle 1400
    Lower with stock 100
    Us made bolt 75
    Magwell 30
    Extra barrel 275
    Magwell conversion 225
    I used the blackmarket parts lower but the stock has a really long length of pull. I cut a section out of the stock and reattached it with a plastic welder and devcon 2 epoxy. I originally did the magwell conversion but ruined my receiver trying to take the barrel off to thread it. HK over tightens and soaks the barrel nut in locktite on to guns
    Made in 2011. I got a new receiver from HK and decided to have the magwell converstion done by Tom Bostic. If you get a newer gun you can send it to HK USA and they will take it off for 60 dollars. I still have the heavy barrel and it only takes a few minutes to change out the barrels

That's not bad... Always wanted to try something like this, can never seem to find a deal on an SL8 when I want to though. Good to know about H&K taking the barrel off for you, read many horror stories of people trying to get the tube off the SL8-6's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom