hobby lobby parking lot of all places

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    On a family outing to hobby lobby this weekend, we were getting back into the car and buckling our kids up, and this older gentleman starts honking his horn and cursing for me to hurry up. I asked for one second, closed the door and turned towards the drivers door. He barrels out of the car and pushes me as my back was turned and just as fast, jumps back into his car, throwing it in reverse. luckily my door was unlocked and I was able to get out of his way. if it were locked, I would have felt the need to match deadly force. I'm glad I was able to avoid a further confrontation in front of my kids, who were already pretty upset.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    "Never take your eyes off your opponent, even when you bow."

Glad all he did was push you could have gone bad real quick.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Some people don't get wiser with age, quite the opposite, I would say. People has become quite intolerant of each other lately... So his problem was that you took longer getting in your car because you were getting your kids situated?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    yeah that sums it up. it was hobby lobby on college and Perkins. we talked to his wife and granddaughter on our way out. he dropped them off at the front entrance. it was his granddaughters fifth birthday. he circled the parking lot and saw we were leaving I guess but noticed the space next to us open.
    I really feel like I should have handled the situation a little better. I should have never get close enough to put his hands on me. but he was an old man, well dressed.... I was in complete disbelief that he was actually actiing like that. it was a very odd unexpected scenerio, but my wife and kids are safe and proud that daddy didn't break out "big iron". his wife and grandchild were also witnessing this whole ordeal and didn't look happy with grandpa.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Indeed! I'm sure you looked like a true man to your family for taking the higher road and keeping your cool in an ugly situation. Kids get pretty nervous and afraid when they sense even a slight chance of danger for their loved one, and even much more when fighting breaks out. I'm hoping the old man's ass got chewed out by the entire family that day. Don't blame yourself for not foreseeing the "attack". Most of the time people don't...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    That hobby lobby has been plagued with issues for the last few years. My old neighbor ran that store and the things he'd tell me were crazy.

He and his wife gave up on Baton Rouge and moved back to Texas after he was robbed at gunpoint by an employee.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    yeah that sums it up. it was hobby lobby on college and Perkins. we talked to his wife and granddaughter on our way out. he dropped them off at the front entrance. it was his granddaughters fifth birthday. he circled the parking lot and saw we were leaving I guess but noticed the space next to us open.
    I really feel like I should have handled the situation a little better. I should have never get close enough to put his hands on me. but he was an old man, well dressed.... I was in complete disbelief that he was actually actiing like that. it was a very odd unexpected scenerio, but my wife and kids are safe and proud that daddy didn't break out "big iron". his wife and grandchild were also witnessing this whole ordeal and didn't look happy with grandpa.

Old people who are stupid are far worse than stupid young people. They are stupid...yet crafty enough to have survived to old age. Beware.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Watch the old ones. My wife and I were on our morning walk in our neighborhood yesterday AM. As we were approaching an three way stop sign a Ford truck leaves the stop sign. My eye catches a car on his rear bumper and to my disbelief the car is passing the truck. The speed limit is 25mph and the car was doing a smooth no rush pass. Luckily the truck stops so we don't have to dive into the ditch. FWIW thank you St.Tammany for building shoulderless roads. Now I was expecting to see a young punk behind the wheel but it was a blue haired granny in an older Dodge Neon.

mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I woulda scared the crap outa my family, looking like a true madman
    a bloodbath in the hobby lobby parking lot in front of my two daughters, 7 and 3, wouldn't have went over well. I was more worried when he jumped back into his car instead of squaring off. he could've had a bazooka in that pt cruiser under those birthday balloons.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Old folks can be dangerous in their own way . Some of them tend to be very impulsive and will say or do whatever they feel without thinking of the consequences . Nobody wants to hit an old man but when they get in your face and act like they are as much of a man as they ever were , it can get bad .

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    That hobby lobby has been plagued with issues for the last few years. My old neighbor ran that store and the things he'd tell me were crazy.

He and his wife gave up on Baton Rouge and moved back to Texas after he was robbed at gunpoint by an employee.

Your former :} neighbor is smart.

If I had to frequent Baton Roach more often I'd probably be dat old gentlemen.

Old people are crazy, trust me I know, I'm a seasoned citizen myself:}

Baton Roach will be a really big zoo if the City of St. George is created...

Piece B with U!

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Bravo to you for keeping your cool. Not sure I could have. You handled yourself well, and kept your family safe. You'll be ready next time pawpaw goes all native.

Last edited:

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Everyone of the young guys will be there one day. Hopefully, in a much wiser, more intelligent state.

In his last couple years, my wife's grandfather became so grumpy and intolerant of his surroundings, it was rather difficult to be around him. When he hit the nursing home, he allowed himself such loud racial slurs towards the nursing home staff, I thought they would just quietly kill him one night. It was funny and painful to watch at the same time… As for his driving habits, you would virtually think about leaving a will before getting in the car with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Off his meds, or something?

Sounds like you overall showed a lot of restraint with the old goat.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    You danged whipper snappers need to learn to get the vehicle and meet the wife and kids in a vacant section of the parking lot where you can strap them at your leisure instead of wasting valuable close-in parking time. At our age we ain't got a lot of time left so of course we are in a blasted dad-gummed hurry to park! Same reason we speed: can't waste valuable time going to and from when we got things to do and people to see……….

Top Bottom