Hog Hunting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMorse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Breaux Bridge
    Hey all,

I am looking for a place to do some hog hunting. I've never been and I hear it is a hoot. I know that in LA they are a nuisance animal and can be hunted year round. I am thinking just my son, a friend, and myself. If any advice can be giving I would appreciate it. It won't be until January time though. I live near Lafayette but have no problem traveling to shoot.

Bassncrap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Arnaudville
    Any WMA from what I hear!!

My dad and I are going to West Bay in 2 weeks for bucks only. But let a hog come by......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cajun_Tiger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    I'm also currently looking to bring my nephew hog hunting. I think there is a place in Jennings called Hog Wild, i believe. Just google Hog hunting Jennings, LA or Hog hunting in the Acadiana area. Something should pop up. I need to get on this b/c his b-day is coming up and hog hunting is all he talks about.

Cajun_Tiger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    CMorse, i also found great reviews on Porky's Paradise in Egan, La..right down the road from Lafayette.

Porky's paradise.
    FYI, $150/ hog up to 150lbs and $1.50/lbs over. $40 cleaning fee. All wild hogs in 30 acre pin. 12 stands. You can stand or stalk hunt.

CMorse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Breaux Bridge
    None of these sound bad. I found a place in Ville Platte that does them. They have a 15 acre fenced plot. 150$ to hunt 1$ a pound. Thanks everyone.

Bassncrap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Arnaudville
    Hell grab you that cheap Mossberg 100ATR from Academy

My dad recently got one with the Bushnell scope included. Nice tight groups at 100yds!

Only 300 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    I also hunt the hog with my dad and my brother first time in the last night its was not a good experence because along them no one experence person is with them and i do not hunt properly and have no skills of hunting thats why i think we were not enjoy hunting..whats your opinion??

Last edited:

CMorse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Breaux Bridge
    Well it looks like I have some phone calls to make. I plan on running with my 5.56 for this hunt. I found a few places that frown upon hunting hogs with 5.56, while I do agree that a larger projectile can have more kinetic energy shot placement is very important. I am not saying that a 5.56 will drop everything in its tracks, but you can hunt all day long with a 45-110 and if you can't shoot the damn thing worth a damn what was the point in using it anyway. With AR's you can run a wider variety of calibers both in the standard 5.56 lower or in the .308 lower. It rangers from 5.56 to .50 Beowulf in the smaller and .243 to God only knows in the latter. Thanks once again for all the responses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom