Holster advice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    I am going to purchase a Glock 35 in the next few weeks to use in competition. Im wanting to shoot in IPSC matches with it, but I dont know what the rules are governing what holsters are alowed. Is there anyone who uses the G35 and would be able to suggest a good holster that is allowed and where I could buy one? Thanks in adavance.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    My suggestion would be to take a look the BladeTech "DOH" first. This is a good holster that will work well in Production and Limited. You could also use a paddle holster from either BladeTech or Uncle Mikes, they are a little cheaper to purchase and will work for both.

If you already have a holster or can borrow one, then just start with that. This way you can see what is out there and make some kind of informed decision on what you want. There are many more holster makers out there, I just named the two that would be the easiest to find.

Beauxdog

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    is the Blackhawk Serpa CQC allowed. I remember reading somewhere that a certain portion of the ejection port had to be covered when in the holster for it to be allowed.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    is the Blackhawk Serpa CQC allowed. I remember reading somewhere that a certain portion of the ejection port had to be covered when in the holster for it to be allowed.

Personally, I wouldn't want to have to deal with the lock on the Serpa. There's no need for that kind of retention for USPSA unless you're shooting with what you carry or your duty rig.

The Serpa has a bad rep amongst some very qualified trainers. I've listened to more that one describe AD's and such due to the fact that it's your trigger finger activating the lock (by pushing inward) and the lock is exactly in line with the trigger on the gun itself. Bad idea.

The DOH recommended is great.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Someone did some testing as reported in the USPSA's Front Sight magazine a while back and found to his surprise that the DOH was only a tenth of a second or so slower than a full race holster on the draw. They do angle out enough to stay within the rules (for Production) and give you a little more room to acquire a grip, IMO.

I've been using one with a G34 for years and it is hard to beat for USPSA.

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    cool....thnx for the responses guys....I've looked at the Blade tech and like what I see, however, i cant find one for the G35....at least not on Midway's web site....however my question is that since a G35 is a G22 frame with a longer slide, will the holster for the G22 work, even though the barrel will be sticking out the bottom a little bit?.........Never mind....just found their website...thnx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom