Holster for 17&19 mounted with a tlr-s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I was wondering if any of you guys knew of a holster that I could use for both my G 19 and 17 mounted with a TLR-S on it.

I was looking for something like this that I could use on both of my guns wasn't sure if something like it existed. To give you an idea of what I am talking about you can usually put a G 19 into any holster designed for the G 17 for instance I can do this with my g-code holster. I would like to have something that I could conceal carry (IWB) either pistol in.

The link below is sort of what I am talking about.

http://nsrtactical.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=52&products_id=38

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I realize that any 17 holster will work with a 19, but it that still true with the light?

I figure it would, but I have been considering the same thing. The one I am looking at is the Off The Grid OWB holster. They have a bar that allows you to run the gun with/without the light. Seems like a good idea, but I would really like to hear from someone who has used it for a while to know how it does when the light is not on the gun.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I realize that any 17 holster will work with a 19, but it that still true with the light?

I figure it would, but I have been considering the same thing. The one I am looking at is the Off The Grid OWB holster. They have a bar that allows you to run the gun with/without the light. Seems like a good idea, but I would really like to hear from someone who has used it for a while to know how it does when the light is not on the gun.

They don't fit well without the light.

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I use a off the grid concept holster and they use the light for retention. The top one is iwb for g19 with trl-1 the lower one is owb rti hanger for g17 g19 with trl-1. No problem with the retention with either gun in the lower holster
    4db5272bfff42fd3a111ecf44b02ba49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I've used an RM from kee on here(RM Holsters), per sec, secret city weaponeers, they're all good. For IWB RM Holsters are really nice

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I've used an RM from kee on here(RM Holsters), per sec, secret city weaponeers, they're all good. For IWB RM Holsters are really nice

Yeah I'm currently running one of his holsters now for the 19. I haven't looked at his light mounted models I wasn't sure if I could get something without the cant/angle tends to dig into me a little carrying appendix.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The OTG can be ordered with light option with retention with the light off the pistol. We've brought a couple in already

Chris. That is the one I am specifically talking about. Question is, have you run it with the light out using the "bar", and if so how was it? I was wondering if the retention was good and if the bar was something that you would be whacking your muzzle on every time you reholster? (If you weren't being careful)

If you have some in stock I will come by and check them out after Carbine 1 in March.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The only two I would recommend are an OTG MKVIII and a T-Rex Arms Nomad. Same price point, slightly different configuration. Best bet is to check one out at IG.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    Chris. That is the one I am specifically talking about. Question is, have you run it with the light out using the "bar", and if so how was it? I was wondering if the retention was good and if the bar was something that you would be whacking your muzzle on every time you reholster? (If you weren't being careful)

If you have some in stock I will come by and check them out after Carbine 1 in March.

We've ordered a couple and playing with them i didn't see an issue.

I can make sure I have one March

Top Bottom