Holsters and CHP on the way(knock on wood)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I just dropped off my SR9 at RM Holsters for a iwb, bed side, and a mag pouch. I dropped of my permit app last month. This is my first permit and my first holster. I am also getting my first flashlight. Exciting. any way the reason I was posting is for a time line for others.
    a little mantra while I wait:
    Janet Reno said:
    Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal.

• CHP class on the 9/19 - class @ Precision. A+100!
    • CHP permit turned in at LSP with kodak electro prints on 9/21-there were some attachments :o but the nice CHP lady told me everything looked good :cool:
    (LSP CHPU gets an A+100 for customer service)​
    • Fixed s&w folder(carry knife) on 10/2 - loose clip < red loctite
    • Ordered Fenix TD10+(carry light) on 10/6
    • Gun dropped off to holster maker 10/09
    • light came in on 10/10 - its awesome note- carry clip broke and they shipped out a replacement asap. excellent
    • 11/6 - waiting 6.5 weeks on permit and 4 on holsters(only suppose to be 3wks) but no permit no rush and belt i want is out of stock anyway
    • 11/10 - Permit issued on 11/6 and received 11/10!
    • 11/16 - RM holster ready; also purchased a carry belt from baton rouge police supply

FIN

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    The stuff from Jeff will be worth the wait. His work has re-oriented my whole line of thought toward IWB carry (from a personal standpoint).

I have three of his holsters, and plan to get one for the P7 too.

care to expand on that mr steve? Curious minds want to know :D

JOmega

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know if processing times are any better than earlier this year, but it took me over 2 months to get my permit (a little less than 2 months for my wife to get hers).

Completely agree with your comments on the LSP CHPU. They were always cordial and informative, both on the phone and during the permit processing. Nice group of professionals.

Congrats on not only getting the permit, but investing in holsters so you can actually carry it all the time.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I called him and left a message, never heard back, so I went with com tech, I guess I'll give him one more try on my next holster

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know if processing times
    Congrats on not only getting the permit, but investing in holsters so you can actually carry it all the time.

Thanks! Very nice ppl over there. Yea, I am waiting and not calling - mostly because I don't want them to tell me something I don't want to hear... I am just patiently waiting e.g. grilling my dad over the phone everyday to make sure a brown envelope hasn't showed up. He now promptly calls at the delivery of anything brownish or envelope-ish :D

Also, waiting for my holster patiently too. Seeing the number of orders Jeff has and the good review from the board give me the feeling my sidearm is in good hands and the holsters will be well worth the wait. I have been doing a lot of dry firing drills with my rifles to fill the gap of my nightly drawing and trigger control drills so it's a pleasant change of pace.

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Okay.

No, they are NOT the same. The VM II genre (Sparks and Thurner) are actually somewhat of a PITA to put on... to me, anyway. Plus, one of those weighs twice as much as one of Jeff's bare-bones kydex holsters; which slip on/off as easy as a Fobus paddle holster.

Google "RM Holsters" and check out his Lo-Rider. A lot LESS thick than a comparable leather holster, too.

anymore info or insight you have on the RM system and what works for you is much appreciated. pros and cons verse other leather/ kydex iwb.
    <----greenhorn
    :)

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The pistol is held incredibly close-in; if my fat little ass can hide a service pistol under a polo short with one, you guys with regular waistlines will be in high cotton.

good to know. I am not dainty myself...
    It does require one to approach the draw from a different perspective, however, as you have to FORCE your thumb into place when establishing the grip in the holster. Those who have had formal presentation training know what I'm talking about.

This is interesting. no formal cc training but does this mean that you will have to force your thumb into place because of tension between the gun and holster or between the gun and your persons?

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    Sorry if this is somewhere else, but don't think it is. Who and where is this that you dropped your gun off to for a holster, does he have to have your gun or only for uncommon carry types, and finally, what makes his holsters so good? Curious because I would like to get a comfortable IWB holster for both of my pistols I currently own, and the numerous others that I'm planning on getting in the future. If I can find a good, comfortable IWB to wear so I can carry all the time (once the lovely people at the CHP office decide to issue my permit) I'm all for it, and if anyone wants to go shoot sometimes let me know, I'm in Gonzales and havent met anyone on here yet, and some of the people I know that want to go shoot, well..... I just dont trust them with a loaded bb gun much less a firearm, you know how it goes.... can't fix stupid

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    RM Holsters

his website is under the contact info. there, you can place a holster in the shopping cart and there is a drop down of guns models he can do. anything else he would need a specimen.
    also, you can read the reviews for info about why ppl like his style of holster.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    good to know. I am not dainty myself...

This is interesting. no formal cc training but does this mean that you will have to force your thumb into place because of tension between the gun and holster or between the gun and your persons?

I think that's what he's talking about...

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    when you say ccw training you meana like the chp courses? I don't think I am getting exactly what you mean by presentation.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    LSP have you ever tried one of his Extreme Cant Paddle? I need a new paddle holster.
    I got a mag pouch from him and it's great.

Top Bottom