home alarm system?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    cheap but good, if that exist. my aunt lives alone and wants an alarm system thats not connected to the police. she is afraid she will mess it up too often. trust me i tried to talk her into the real deal. not gonna happen.

so something reliable and loud is better than nothing.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    sorry she feels that way. an audible alarm won't do her any good. it needs to be monitored. try to reassure her that it is not connected directly to the police and that the alarm company filters alarms before the police are notified. on the first part of the comment, cheap ain't happening. companies sell (often proprietary so that they are the only ones that can make changes) systems and will try to finance them for you so that they make thousands of dollars in interest on them. you need to do a lot of research on this before you choose. if the location is near morgan city, i suspect there is a land line on the property which will greatly reduce the cost of the system and the monitoring compared to companies that provide monitored systems in urban areas that don't require land lines but will sell you equipment to broadcast cellular signals or networked signals to their monitoring stations. she needs a good adt or other strong area company to take care of things. false alarms are typically allowed in some large number by local police forces with no charge. you should call the local law enforcement for her area to determine that number and may help your case with her. If all else fails, get her an air horn off of a semi truck and tell her to pull it if she gets scared and see if it meets her needs.

Top Bottom