Home Defense Pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Well Glock 19 would be the most practical choice.. You can get one NIB out the door for less than 450.

Narco, Not everyone can buy for $398 plus tax or $434 OTD. I agree the G19 is an excellent choice at a reasonable price.
    My bad, I just saw that he was looking at LE Products so I guess he can buy at LEO prices.

Last edited:

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Ditto .. The "peoples" (AKA Narco) Glock 19 is great home defense pistola..

Only FN I ever shot was the 5.7 it was cool but not for me....So i really cant help...

Ignore this post...

graymo2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    New Orleans/ Baton Rouge
    Narco, Not everyone can buy for $398 plus tax or $434 OTD. I agree the G19 is an excellent choice at a reasonable price.
    My bad, I just saw that he was looking at LE Products so I guess he can buy at LEO prices.

Anything under $900 for a handgun is in range. I don;t have an arsenal of guns, so when I buy, I choose quality first(not a saying a Glock isn't good quality).

I really just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences with the FNP and what everyone's idea of a solid home defense handgun would be. I'm not going to try and conceal this weapon, it would be strictly for home defense and fun at the range.

graymo2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    New Orleans/ Baton Rouge
    fn is a good manufacture, makes a quality prouct. 14 or 15 rounds of 45 acp is going to be a beast.

Everything I've read about it seems great. It'll be awhile before I get it (working on the finances). I got a $500 bonus for working after the storm. I was going to use that to help fund this purchase, but it was taxed. So I only have $350. Oh well, at least I'm helping feed the needy, right?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I really like my XD45 compact. Dependable, accurate, fun to shoot, easy to dis/reassemble. There are also a lot of options to upgrade the pistol. There are several custom shops just for the XD. Springer comes to mind. :D

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I have an XD45 Service model and it has been 100% reliable through 2300rds. I wouldn't hesitate to trust it with my life.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Personally I have had them alot of manufactures, from HK, S&W, Sig Suer and my beloved Glock.

A personal protection pistol is only as good as its operator, the above mentioned manufactures will shoot as long as the operator understands their operation and responsibility in maintenance and use of. IMHO I feel glock need the lesser of upkeep than others.

Glocks can be found w/o LEO pricing for 450 out the door, its all about being a savvy shopper, my suggestion was just my own opinion. In 11 years of owning glocks, I have had less than 2 malfunctions that were either my error, or sub par range ammunition.

Graymo I am sure that if you come to one of the many meets/events that are on the plate this month, there will be a wide variety of small arms and some larger arms that you will be able to molest as long as you feed it. Having that ability will allow you to make a better decision in which you choose to protect your life with.

Top Bottom