Home Owners Association ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    Check your paperwork from when you bought the home for by-laws or regulations regarding your participation in the HOA. If its not there, then they should have had a meeting since you purchased with a quorum of homes represented and developed a set of HOA laws and then notified you through certified mail. If they didn't do that either, tell em to f*ck off and get your attorney to send them a letter.

Besides, even if they had done this all legitimately, they can only demand your money, not how you pay your money.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Somehow I seriously doubt they can legally force you to do an auto draft, but me, if they DID have that authority, then they will just have to sue me and I will close my bank account first. NO one and I mean NOE WON has access to my bank account past Paypal and my employer. And Paypal stays on full time notice.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    Check your paperwork from when you bought the home for by-laws or regulations regarding your participation in the HOA. If its not there, then they should have had a meeting since you purchased with a quorum of homes represented and developed a set of HOA laws and then notified you through certified mail. If they didn't do that either, tell em to f*ck off and get your attorney to send them a letter.

Besides, even if they had done this all legitimately, they can only demand your money, not how you pay your money.

The HOA charter also has to be filed with the parish as well.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I lived in a subdivision and decided to put up a fence. Contacted the fence co. and they came out and installed a chain link fence. The next thing I know some stranger was at my door telling me that accoring to HOA any fencing that can be seen from any street or sidwalk must be wooden. Hmmmmm. OK I could go along with that and had the front fencing redone in wood.:ohreally:

I didn't even know there was a "homeowners association." I next found out who the officers were and walked the neighborhood looking their property over.

Two days later another stranger knocked on my door and tells me they were sorry to hear about my "problem" with the HOA.

I told this person I don't care about the HOA and that from now on they need to mind their own business and to leave me alone. If not, I'll drag their ass to court and have them pay me for the fencing change because whenever I walked, on the side walk, past the president's house all I see that chain linked fencing he has in his surrounding his back yard.:mad:

Never heard from then again.

I now look and stay away from places that have a HOA if I am buying property. Those people are a liitle group of power hungy pains in the ass which quickly eliminates the purpose of having a HOA to begin with. You see, you aren't supposed to live like you choose and pay for. You are supposed to live like they choose and you pay for.:crazy:

ATSOFLA

Gunsmith for Sheepdogs
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Covington
    You see what you get when you move your ass of Hwy 40 to the city!?! Shoulda stayed in the woods! Next thing you know the'll be callin the SO on ya for ridiing your dirt bike in the street.

I wouldn't pay em anything, especially if they don't provide any services. Let em put a lean on the house then burn it down just to spite em!

Ya'll can come live in the lil swing set house ya sold Mom and Dad after that!!:D

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    ATSOFLA is spot on. We've been chased off the streets in our area and are not in Mandeville. Fortunately the HOA is only interested in having a couple of parties each year. The troublemakers are transplants. We have a HOA but aren't required to join.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    My HOA is very intersting.

I live in a condo, so part of my HOA dues cover the insurance for the exterior of my building. The other parts of it finances the lawn care and trash pick up.

I used to pay by check, but the HOA has a problem with holding the check too long before they cash it, so they now get USPS money orders.

JR1572

Top Bottom