Homeowner's Policy in Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks Greg!

The LA Insurance Department has a list available. Unfortunately, its a short list.... I can write through LA Citizens if you'd like though... If you go through someone other than Citizens or one of the major companies make sure they are 'admitted' in LA and backed by the LA Guaranty Association. That way if they do go under or pull out of the state you still have some coverage!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Thanks Greg!

The LA Insurance Department has a list available. Unfortunately, its a short list.... I can write through LA Citizens if you'd like though... If you go through someone other than Citizens or one of the major companies make sure they are 'admitted' in LA and backed by the LA Guaranty Association. That way if they do go under or pull out of the state you still have some coverage!

How's USAA around here? Looking to use them for the house I'm attempting to buy in Slidell.

cperron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    When I was shopping around I found that Liberty Mutual had the best prices and the lowest deductibles. Don't know if it's still like that.

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    How's USAA around here? Looking to use them for the house I'm attempting to buy in Slidell.

I checked with USAA a couple of weeks ago. They are not writing in Lockport. Not sure about Slidell. But they had a 3rd party they referred me to. I thought I was paying alot at $3700 threw an actual State Farm policy but when they gave me a quote of like 7K I thought I was doing pretty good!!! Still looking around freaking $3700 i think is ridiculous!!!

formulaforspeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Prairieville LA
    I have USAA for my house in Prairieville, Think its 2300 a year. I personally wouldnt have any other insurance company than USAA. been with them for 20 years. they have my auto, life and homeowners

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I have USAA for my house in Prairieville, Think its 2300 a year. I personally wouldnt have any other insurance company than USAA. been with them for 20 years. they have my auto, life and homeowners

Ditto, but I've been with them fifty years.

Started with my first car, a 1962 VW bug. The payments on it were $78.62/mo for two years and the insurance was double figures twice a year.

The good old days.
    :bigok:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom