Honey Island Sat/Sun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brooksmd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    Bush, LA
    The range will re-open Saturday morning for the weekend. It will NOT be open Friday afternoon. It wasn't stated in the email, but I assume after this weekend it will return to the normal Fri-Sat-Sun schedule. As always you can check www.honeyisland.org website for latest updates.

Last edited:

jackinpox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Westwego, LA
    the website and the hotline for honey island are still saying it is closed until further notice??? Anyone know if it going open tom. or not.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    the website and the hotline for honey island are still saying it is closed until further notice??? Anyone know if it going open tom. or not.

It is. The range master emailed all ROs to say it will be open Sarurday morning. Not open today, though. I'll be out tomorrow morning doing a ladder test.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I have a friend who lives right across the line in MS and doesn't go to Honey Island because he says you need a MS hunting license. He doesn't hunt and doesn't feel like getting a license. He comes to Metairie and goes to Shooters' Club with me from time to time. I was wondering if that was his only option? I like having him come in and go with me but I thought I might could save him some driving for times when I can't go. Any suggestions? And thanks!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I have a friend who lives right across the line in MS and doesn't go to Honey Island because he says you need a MS hunting license. He doesn't hunt and doesn't feel like getting a license. He comes to Metairie and goes to Shooters' Club with me from time to time. I was wondering if that was his only option? I like having him come in and go with me but I thought I might could save him some driving for times when I can't go. Any suggestions? And thanks!

No you don't need a hunting license specifically. You can also get a Wildlife Stamp or Cane Pole Fishing license (I think it's $3). You can find more info on the LA Wildlife and Fisheries website.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Thanks! I passed this on to him to do some checking so he can do less driving when I can't get together with him. It's just no fun by himself, ya know? :D

Top Bottom