Hope for Humanity Restored

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Thanks for starting this thread Paintball, and for your latest addition. The video of the young boy using his body as a bridge so the little girl could cross is especially meaningful for me. I see two of my grandkids in it. They're very affectionate towards one another and I have no doubt big brother would offer himself to aid his younger sister. Heros aren't relegated only to grown-ups. I only wish I knew how to copy this and share it with others in my family.

Tell them to join bayoushooter ;)

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Love how genuinely excited all the players look.
    photo_that_leaves_you_speechless_01.jpg

faith-in-humanity-restored-flash.jpg

faith-1.jpg

images

searched-for-kindness-photos-and-found-this.jpg

faith+in+humanity.+I+know+not+a+lot+of+people_11e369_4890953.jpg

faith-in-humanity-restored-16.jpg

faith-in-humanity-restored-2.jpg

faith-in-humanity-restored-18.jpg

faith-in-humanity-restored-62.jpg

faith-in-humanity-restored-92.jpg

faith-in-humanity-restored-101.jpg

faith-in-humanity-restored-112.jpg

faith-in-humanity-restored-121.jpg

faith-in-humanity-restored-19.jpg

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    chritmas_carolers_01.jpg

chritmas_carolers_02.jpg

chritmas_carolers_03.jpg

chritmas_carolers_04.jpg

0peyg1d522sbw2i28jtk.jpg

Bayoushooter.com members and guests, go out this week with your eyes and your heart open to help someone in need. It can be as simple as giving a smile to someone, letting someone ahead of you in a line or paying for the order behind you at a drive thru or picking up a strangers tab. Do it without seeking thanks. I have done this before and it's nice to see them look around not knowing who the giver was.

Last edited:

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    A couple from my personal life.

Two weeks after Hurricane Katrina, my wife, kids and I were returning home from Michigan after evacuating. We had spent the night in Tennessee and stopped for breakfast at a Shoneys shortly after crossing into Alabama. While eating breakfast, we spoke with our waitress and mentioned that we didn't know what we were returning to at home. Pictures from the area, and people we knew said the area had been hit hard. During our time at the restaurant, it seemed like everyone there came up, said hi, and wished us well.
    After finishing, I went up to pay our bill. Our waitress and the manager met us at the register. The manager said there was no charge and wished us the best. The waitress also said there was one other thing. She handed my wife and I an envelope, and said it was from the whole staff. she said that they didn't know what or if anyplace would be open, but to stop and have lunch on them as well before hitting town. The envelope contained $46 collected from the staff. The wife and I left in tears.
    Three months later, I got the address of that Shoneys, and we sent a card thanking the staff for their generosity and kindness.

A few years ago, I was at a local store to purchase just a couple items. There was an elderly gentleman in the check out line ahead of me. He only had two items, orange juice and a box of dog biscuits. After searching his wallet and pockets multiple times, he realized that he did not have enough cash to pay for them both. He told the cashier to take the orange juice off of his ticket. Before she could finish removing it, I pulled the three dollars from my pocket and handed it to her, and told him that I had it covered and to have a good day. He started thanking me, apologizing for the inconvenience and shaking my hand. To me the 3 bucks was nothing, to him the act of kindness seemed to mean the world.

We can all do something to make someones day. It really doesn't take much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom