Hopedale fishing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Anyone been lately? I haven't been there in years but have seen some good reports lately. Hopefully we can knock out some specs and reds!

Also, where are the launches at these days? I haven't been in 10-15 years and just wanted to find out what's still open

teknickcull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Breton sound marina or Campos are your options. There is supposedly a good bite in Eloi right now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    So I went Monday and spent some time by the dam and only hooked into 7 big sail cats and a few croakers. I didn't get to try many other places because of rain and the dam area stole my anchor. I look forward to going back sometime to try again

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So I went Monday and spent some time by the dam and only hooked into 7 big sail cats and a few croakers. I didn't get to try many other places because of rain and the dam area stole my anchor. I look forward to going back sometime to try again

The dam has a tendency to do that. My grandfather lost 3 anchors to it and we've lost one.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Where is this damn anchor eating dam located??? I don't want to be a contributor of anchors if I happen to go that way!!

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I haven't personally lost one, yet, but my dad lost plenty whenever we went fishing around structures....I cannot tell you how many, I just know it was a lot. Thanks RedStickChick....never would have guessed that it was an anchor eating place!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    No problemo.

Anywhere there are rocks, pipeline/rigs, and wrecks there is a chance to lose an anchor. We always mark it on the GPS if we find underwater debris.

Top Bottom