Hornady Premium Survival Ammo - Time Critical

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I need some.

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Having a slow day, are we? :D

Continue to ignore this threat at your peril...

The Undead lurk, yet you who are supposedly a serious practicioner of the defensive arts choose to remain unprotected. Hornady has finally addressed the issue.

They'll sell a truckload of this stuff as a conversation piece alone, but if "they" get frisky, some of us will be ready.

fastmover

fastmover
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    lafayette, la
    i wonder what are the ballistics tuned to? more like penetrating rounds or more like varmint?

i could see both sides...you would not need much to disrupt a CNS organ so penetration should work well especially if working in trees, brush, glass etc. which would be likely.
    on the other hand
    the skull of a zombie (former human) is thin and a varmint round would be well suited and the extra expansion/fragmentation would be handy if it was the central organs of the brain that needed to be destroyed.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Given the recent reports of Hornady's lousy quality control, maybe... or maybe not.

Anyway, according to Max Brooks, and the producers of "The Walking Dead", a simple head shot will suffice. I mean, if a crossbow bolt will do the trick, so should WWB ball, eh? ;)

That would probably be the only time you'd see me toting a 5.7!

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    This is cute... At best.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Hornady ammo, especially their 5.56 T2 ammo, but what is this loading? What does it do? No info.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I am... so lost.

It's got to be frangible and ballistic tip stuff. 115 grain 9mm, 165 grain .40, 180 grain .45, 55 grain .223 (with ballistic tip)-- not exactly your standard "man stoppers", undead or otherwise. The 12 gauge is probably bird shot.

Still... What's the darn point? I'm so confused...

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I am... so lost.

It's got to be frangible and ballistic tip stuff. 115 grain 9mm, 165 grain .40, 180 grain .45, 55 grain .223 (with ballistic tip)-- not exactly your standard "man stoppers", undead or otherwise. The 12 gauge is probably bird shot.

Still... What's the darn point? I'm so confused...

It's light, it's not very hot (1135fps @muzzle for 115gr 9mm, 5fps short of their critical defense load) and it's got green tips. Unless it's for pinpoint headshot accuracy (only way to kill a zombie), I can't imagine how these would be effective against the undead.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    It's light, it's not very hot (1135fps @muzzle for 115gr 9mm, 5fps short of their critical defense load) and it's got green tips. Unless it's for pinpoint headshot accuracy (only way to kill a zombie), I can't imagine how these would be effective against the undead.

Soft, rotted skin + rapid expansion and fragmentation = bloody mess.

They actually give ballistic info on this stuff?

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Not exactly. This might actually end up hurting their brand, from a brand management standpoint.

Ehh, it's either brilliant, or a complete idiot move. Hornady is known for their "performance" ammunition - and not many guys looking for serious knock down ammo are jokesters.

Who knows. It's either a flip or a flop.

Top Bottom