House fire update: pics of melted Glock

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I am sorry to hear that. The least I can do is help you replace something. I will gladly sell you a gun at cost and ship it to your ffl for free whenever you get back on your feet.
    Again I'm sorry to hear that and will gladly help out a BS member recover from a loss in every way possible.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Good to see everyone made it out. Fire is the scariest thing. I was a volunteer firefighter for a few years up in Maryland. Every night I saw a house fire I'd have nightmares and want to cry it eventually drove me to only take car wreck calls, and finally quit altogether. You need to watch out for your families mental health. Especially the kid. Try looking into a grief/loss councilor near you. Red cross should be able to help with that. I hope the recovery goes smoothly.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    So sorry to hear of your loss. That you are all safe is wonderful. I know the Glock melted, I saw one burned before. I don't think a Ruger SA would have melted.

Yall need something let the BS community know and I'm sure things can be done to help.

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    Very sorry to hear of your bad fortune. Glad everyone made it out ok. I too can attempt to donate clothes, etc. Let us know.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Thanks everyone.

Nothing has changed since I posted last night. My aunt is staying with friends and will probably end up following my grandmother. She is not an easy person to deal with especially whenever something bad happens, so it may take a little while for her to get a grip on reality.

As far as donations they've already got my niece's school uniforms covered, and my grandma's house is already (over) full of furniture & clothing. Looking at getting my grandma in some wheels ASAP but my sister is there with my truck for that. The truck was almost lost too but was far enough from the garage she was able to drive it out into the yard. The grill is melted... I made myself not look at it but I hear it is pretty bad.

vern10mm, yes this was my currently my only gun. Not having it on is weird, haven't really gone anywhere today so I haven't felt naked in public yet, but I'm sure it is coming.

I am sorry to hear that. The least I can do is help you replace something. I will gladly sell you a gun at cost and ship it to your ffl for free whenever you get back on your feet.
    Again I'm sorry to hear that and will gladly help out a BS member recover from a loss in every way possible.

I really appreciate the offer Jason, as I said this was not my house and all I lost was the gun and a few small items. I am currently in between jobs so replacing the gun will have to wait.

On a less serious note, maybe now I can get an OD green 26 and not feel guilty about owning 2 of the same model. I'm really not crazy about stepping into a Gen 4 yet. Not for SD.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    In the last 30 minutes I found my cheap backup holster, and my aunt messaged me asking me if I want the barrel back from my gun. Coinky dinky.

So I've got a barrel, mags, holster, bullets. I'm most of the way there ;)

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    qBSbi.jpg

fz7Pw.jpg

Looks like the shell casing is still inside

9QQsZ.jpg

1KJcu.jpg

Last edited: