House Passes Mandatory National Service Bill

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    The House passed a bill yesterday which includes disturbing language indicating young people will be forced to undertake mandatory national service programs as fears about President Barack Obama’s promised “civilian national security force” intensify.

The Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act, known as the GIVE Act, was passed yesterday by a 321-105 margin and now goes to the Senate.​
    Under section 6104 of the bill, entitled “Duties,” in subsection B6, the legislation states that a commission will be set up to investigate, “Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.”​
    Section 120 of the bill also discusses the “Youth Engagement Zone Program” and states that “service learning” will be “a mandatory part of the curriculum in all of the secondary schools served by the local educational agency.”​
    http://www.infowars.com/house-passes-mandatory-national-service-bill/

Brweyes

I Dont Dial 911
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Pineville,La
    The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution officially abolished and continues to prohibit slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime. It was adopted on December 6, 1865, and was then declared in a proclamation of Secretary of State William H. Seward on December 18.

“ Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime where of the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
    Section 2. Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

:mad::mad::mad:

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    My paw in law was telling me something, I think, about this yesterday. He said something about a manditory volunteerism, and something about getting paid for it.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    i dont care if you get PAID. its MY kids. id rather them go in the military..

and i was at academy today and they had no ammo but lots of brown shirts. and a coupon for "buy 2 t's and get free jack boots"

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    do you think obama youth is gonna have to stomp the yard,,,i dont think my daughter has that kind of rythm

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Oh don't get me wrong I was in no way saying this is at all OK, it is indeed not. I plan on having kids and agree I would much rather see them willingly join a branch of military rather than be mandated to serve under this crap.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    My paw in law was telling me something, I think, about this yesterday. He said something about a manditory volunteerism, and something about getting paid for it.

As I understand, they don't get "paid" for it. They get a partial (probably minuscule in comparison to the total bill) college reimbursement.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom