Houston Woman shoots man with rifle.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Wow...just. So much fail happened. It looks like legally justifiable fail, but...wow. Not so sure on the driving off. Is there an unedited source video?

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Supposedly he was being hostile and approached her with a knife in his hand, he even took a swipe at her after she got the gun.

I would say she appears justified but either way it is a good example of bringing a knife to a gun fight.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Devil's Advocate - Instead of opening the trunk and getting a gun. Open the car door and drive off. I agree the shooting was justified according to Texas law.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Devil's Advocate - Instead of opening the trunk and getting a gun. Open the car door and drive off. I agree the shooting was justified according to Texas law.

No duty to retreat.

She probably won't be charged as long as the gun is legal.

It's always sad to have to kill someone, but I don't see how she had a choice here. That guy clearly wanted to do her harm.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think she should be charged for murder. I don't care about the law, you don't shoot someone dead, shoot them again with a camera, then drive off.

Nothing about that shows fear for her life. Just cold blooded killing intent. :squint:

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

Would it be wise to turn your back on someone wanting to attack you?

I agree that would be the best thing to do, but until I am able to see the full uncut video I am not really sure she had that option.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Would it be wise to turn your back on someone wanting to attack you?

I agree that would be the best thing to do, but until I am able to see the full uncut video I am not really sure she had that option.

She not only turned her back to him in the video, but she also closed distance with a long-rifle. I guess she's not the brightest of the bunch.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I think she should be charged for murder. I don't care about the law, you don't shoot someone dead, shoot them again with a camera, then drive off.

Nothing about that shows fear for her life. Just cold blooded killing intent. :squint:

:doh:

She took a picture of the knife and drove off for fear of his friends. How many people here would have the mind set to do this under the same circumstances!? As with ANY situation, we don't have the whole story but this was a smart move on her part!

Lets face it, this is a BAD time to be involved in ANY shooting due to the media and this administration!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom