how about setting up a BS table??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    As long as you don't get run off I'd bet cash would go a whole lot further than gas cards. My biggest concern about doing something like that is getting a stolen/crime gun.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    No identification or questions asked??? How is this not an invitation to people to go out and steal guns to turn them in for gas?!? Is that what they want to happen? I should go sit around the corner and give $320 for "assault rifles"

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I just don't have a problem with gun buy-back's. It is one of the few the only effort of the opposition I can get behind. I honestly don't mind my tax dollars being used for it either.

Last edited:

ctrues

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Metairie Louisiana
    If they do check serial # (which I doubt), and find a firearm that has been reported stolen I wonder if they will notify/return the firearm to the legal owner? They should, if not then isn't this group violating the law by purchasing and/or possessing stolen firearms?

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    If they do check serial # (which I doubt), and find a firearm that has been reported stolen I wonder if they will notify/return the firearm to the legal owner? They should, if not then isn't this group violating the law by purchasing and/or possessing stolen firearms?

That is a really great question, I will call later today and let you know. I'm not as upset about them technically breaking the law buying the gun, or the person not being punished for possessing the gun. I just think that the stolen property should be returned to the owner rather than destroyed. If this is not the case, it kind of sheds light on their intentions, does it not?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    u7e4hxulwovyfnbwf54.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I wonder what condition it would be in when and if you got it back. When most of these "buy back" events occurr, they're just tossing them all zip-tied into a box and then drive them to a smelting facility to melt them down.

I seriously doubt they're even taking the time to check the weapons... or maybe they're recording them to check them later (once thier disposed of) and you'll get a letter letting you know it's been recovered, however due to a clarical error, it was destroyed. Though no payback to you because of some condition set fourth in the buyback guidelines or something.

Still should be illegal and the ATF should be involved.

I would like to see the weapons that are turned in. How many do you think find their way into the guys running it's collections? :eek3:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom