How can I check if a stolen pistol is recoverd?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I had a booth at the Kenner gun show about a year ago. After the show, while I was busy bringing items from the table to my truck a pistol was stolen from the inside of my vehicle. It was a HK USP .45, and a gun I was very attached to, I waited 8 months for it to come in back in '94 when I bought it new. My vehicle was not locked because A "friend" was helping me pack up and was at the vehicle most of the time while we were loading it. My truck was parked not even 10yds from the door where myself and many others were talking and BS'ing about the day. I did not notice it was missing until about half way to BR and after I had dropped off my "friend" to his car.
    I went back to the Pontchartrain center the next day to file a police report and inquire about security cameras. Turns out there was a security camera pointed at my vehicle but from far away. I was not able to recognize faces only figures but it did not matter because the only person who came near my vehicle for any amount of time was my "friend" who helped me at the show. I would not accuse anyone if there is any doubt at all, but after this incident he and I parted ways without ever letting him know I saw the video. I reported the theft to Kenner PD and the gun has been in the NCIC computer as stolen for a year now.
    I would like to know if I can check to see if this gun has been recovered. Also if it is found would I even be contacted? What if it is found in another state? I am sure others here have had firearms stolen and may also want to know this information. I miss my .45!
    Thanks

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    On HKPro, there is a whole ection dedicated to stolen guns. Post it up there, those guys are always eyeballing any HK that goes on the market.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    If recovered and checked in NCIC, the protocol would be for the recovering agency to send notice to the agency that entered it into the system. From there it would be up to the entering agency to follow up for notifications. The case would have likely been suspended by now but if their dispatch received notification of a recovery, they would pass that to someone in investigations. Call Kenner PD and ask, there should be no reason that they wouldn't tell you the status.

Top Bottom