How Do You Combat This Line of Reasoning?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    I just don't get some people. This is over at another non-firearm forum. I'm pretty much getting involved to try and quell some of the misconception and bad information. Sometimes, hunters can be our own worst enemy. Why can't they comprehend that there are people out there who are wanting everything banned?

Some Guy said:
    If someone magically took away all my assaulty looking rifles, I still wouldn't worry that all my shotguns, hunting rifles and handguns with lazers pew pew wouldn't be a big enough deterrent or some display of fire power, if I ever pointed any one of them at a home invaders head and cocked it.

Me said:
    I linked this in the thread a few pages back. The same people who want "assault weapons" banned are looking at your hunting rifles. They give them the ominous sounding "sniper rifle" monicker.

http://www.vpc.org/studies/sniper.htm

Some Guy said:
    Interesting story but a country wide hunting rifle ban will never make it into effect for obvious reasons, and even if all my hunting rifles, or 50 caliber sniper rifle if i owned one of those things was taken from me. It doesn't make my home defense any less. I don't sleep with something as awkward as a hunting rifle or sniper rifle next to my bed. But like i said it will never happen for obvious reasons like sport hunting needs.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    The fight will be what it will be. You can not choose the fight that finds you. Think outside the box that you've created for your version of the attack that will come your way.

Why? Even a "good guy" like me will not fight you in the way you are expecting.

Last edited:

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Usually when I hear someone say guns cannot be confiscated or my favorite, "I wish they would try to take mine", I tell them to look up Katrina gun seizures. Not many people are aware this happened, not to mention in La not New York or California where you would expect it.
    You sir are correct, sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It's not that many don't understand the differences, but unfortunately many are too stupid to understand the differences.

The less the opposition (no matter what they are opposed), the more the take by those that know!

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    I've heard some ridiculous things from people back home. Saying gun laws like we have in Australia will solve all problems. The reasoning is, since our Draconian gun laws came into effect, we haven't had 1 mass shooting. Yet they fail to acknowledge that shootings still happen. It's constantly reported on the news back home of what we call "outlaw" (not sure what you call them) bikie gangs being found with illegal weapons, including sawn off shotguns, and fully automatic weapons. Plus while I was recently back home relieving a bout of homesickness, the amount of news stories regarding shootings was mind boggling considering our gun laws. Only problem with examples like this are-they don't mean squat when the people in power don't care about true stats.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    My dad has a shotgun in his closet that was taken during WWII from my Great uncle because he was Italian. Do you think the Government would give it back today? Do you think we have changed that much that the Government wouldn't do it again and that people wouldn't just hand everything over? I don't know the answer, and I hope to never find out.

Bill Baldwin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Ragley
    The Fudds that think the government won't try to outlaw their guns need to look at Connecticut. Proposed Bill No. 122 will outlaw everything except single shot firearms. Statement of Purpose: To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes. Because of all the bad guys going around killing people with hunting rifles, I'm sure.

New York outlawed the Remington 1100 shotgun and the Benelli M2. Not all of them, just the black ones, for now.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I've heard some ridiculous things from people back home. Saying gun laws like we have in Australia will solve all problems. The reasoning is, since our Draconian gun laws came into effect, we haven't had 1 mass shooting. Yet they fail to acknowledge that shootings still happen. It's constantly reported on the news back home of what we call "outlaw" (not sure what you call them) bikie gangs being found with illegal weapons, including sawn off shotguns, and fully automatic weapons. Plus while I was recently back home relieving a bout of homesickness, the amount of news stories regarding shootings was mind boggling considering our gun laws. Only problem with examples like this are-they don't mean squat when the people in power don't care about true stats.

You mean feminist PM big jugs doesn't want to listen?

Top Bottom