How long does this last??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As someone who is fairly young (29), and only really found a love for shooting recently, I'm wondering how long this buying frenzy will last. I obviously wasn't paying attention to gun and ammo prices during the Clinton ban, but during the time it (the ban) was being discussed to the time it was passed, was there a similar shortage, and how long did it go on? I'm simply asking because I find it pretty fascinating how quickly this all came about, and was curious how quickly it will come back down. Just looking for a little historical perspective!

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    I'm in the same boat, 28, and am wondering the same and also IF a ban does get passed as the Clinton ban, how hard was it to get stuff other than lowers? Like LPKs, pistol grips and the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Baldwin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Ragley
    Before the '94 AWB, prices skyrocketed, dealers were out of product and manufacturers were churning out product as quickly as possible, shortly after the AWB became law, prices dropped to below pre-ban prices and then dropped some more, and then started following normal inflation increases. I'm sure we'll see the same thing again, the market will be flooded with newly manufactured firearms, the fools that went into debt paying three or four times the normal price will have to sell to cover the credit card debt, at a lower price than retail, just to get rid of it. The price of ammunition will come down, but I don't suspect it will be cheaper than before the panic buying, at least not for a while.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    In '08-'09 after first election there was some of this that lasted a good while, like about a year or so before everything floated back down and the demand curve relaxed. Of course the correction took time and the catching up lead to overruns. The language used by Biden is leading me to believe his agenda was set before any studies were conducted and his agenda more than likely dictated by his boss. That being said, he may get support on high cap mags and no personal/private sales of firearms. These seem to be consistent in his announcements.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    In '08-'09 after first election there was some of this that lasted a good while, like about a year or so before everything floated back down and the demand curve relaxed. Of course the correction took time and the catching up lead to overruns. The language used by Biden is leading me to believe his agenda was set before any studies were conducted and his agenda more than likely dictated by his boss. That being said, he may get support on high cap mags and no personal/private sales of firearms. These seem to be consistent in his announcements.

100% agree.Mag bans and gun shows are the main issue and FTF sales.As far as " Has it ever been like this" Hell NO,never.When you cant buy 22 ammo or a quadrail or even a gas tube.Its wayyyy worse than I have ever seen.And I am old and saw many spikes during pre ban,after and so on.I have never seen it where you cant get a roll pin for a gas tube.A simple pin has become gold in today's market.CRAZYYYY !!!

As far as how log will it lasts.Well ammo will be the biggest issue for LEO and others.They are looking at a 6-8 month supply wait.They are having to already reschedule certain training classes and other events.When LEO cant get ammo,times Are pretty rough.As far as parts.We will see many parts around Feb 20th - March 15th.Plenty and a lot cheaper.As far as lowers.Id expect April at the earliest.As far as Firearms being back in stock,april as well.Maybe sooner on some items.They are even allocating savage 300 style rifles now,I have never seen that before.We will all know what prices and parts will be available by the 10th of February.Good luck and happy part hunting !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom