How long for state?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    This is my 1st time doing all of this. While I was at LSP, one of the girls at the front desk gave me Wyndie's contact info. I contacted her the same day, faxed her my paperwork, made a few revisions, re-submitted them, and she signed off on them one month later.

I had no idea that she had the authority to sign of on them. I was just showing her my paperwork to make sure it was properly filled out, prior to submitting it.

Last edited:

Donkey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Ponchatoula LA
    I sent in the forms for a sbr about the same time they came back in two months.The dealer sent stuff for form 3 transfer

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Just got off the phone with Wendy. She says she's just getting into the the end of January. But she wasn't able to find mine.... It may be there, she says there is a ridiculous stack, but it may be lost as well. Should I send in another set? It's already been two months.

cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    I can only speak for Vernon Parish. The CLEO will not sign off without state paperwork. I guess they want to see if you are good through the state. I have gone through both the city chief of police on 1 stamp and 1 stamp with sheriff. (Went to gun trust now)

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    This state registration is crap. I just called about some forms sent at the beginning of March and they can't even tell me if they have them or not.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    This state registration is crap. I just called about some forms sent at the beginning of March and they can't even tell me if they have them or not.

They have them. I sent mine in Jan 18 and called about 2 months later. Was told they couldn't find them, but that didn't mean they didn't have them. Waited another Month and decided to sell my MK18 upper (wasn't about to send them out again to wait another 3+months before I started the wait with the BATF...

The signed forms finally showed up around the end of April. I wouldn't expect yours before the end of May/beginning of June.

mudgrip92

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    destrehan la
    sbr took a little over 3 months on mine to get approved, but for some f---ed up reason I got shot down on my can app recently and my CHP took a little longer than most too , but got that . no one I have spoke with to date has any kind of explanation as to what the problem is with the can

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I begin my wait today. Just dropped my paper work off at post office for my SBR. So reading these other post, maybe sometime next year I can build mine. I had a question about something so I called state police to ask. I was actually told by someone there that I did NOT have to file as manufacturer. I knew that was not correct so I called back when Wyndie was there, and she was very helpful.

mudgrip92

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    destrehan la
    first problem I had was the dealer EIN# on the form was left blank so atf kicked it back got that done now trying to figure out what the next problem is . bout to just say the hell with it, it has been more trouble than I thought for a can for a 22mag for hog hunting

bcamp15

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I got my paper work approved for my sbr in one day. Dont ask me how. The lady at the front desk took it upstairs and came back down 10 minutes later and said, "She said don't you ever try that again". I was like wtf? considering I had know clue at all about the wait times. For whatever reason she signed off on it. Guess it was my lucky day. This was back in April.

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    I got my paper work approved for my sbr in one day. Dont ask me how. The lady at the front desk took it upstairs and came back down 10 minutes later and said, "She said don't you ever try that again". I was like wtf? considering I had know clue at all about the wait times. For whatever reason she signed off on it. Guess it was my lucky day. This was back in April.

There will be no more state registration in about 26 hours...

Top Bottom