How many CCW holders actually carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    It's inconvenient to carry when I have to go to school. I generally (read better than 90%) carry when I'm not at school. If I didn't have to become a helpless victim :rolleyes: to get a higher education I would carry pretty much 100%.

Then again, my school has a sign that prevents mass murders and the like out. There is one at every entrance, I think they form a magical barrier.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    When not physically at work...it's about 90%, and that 10% missing includes the places where the laws won't let me. Part of getting out of my truck at work is de-arming myself. At our old office, I could carry.....but it was also in the 'hood. Our nice new pretty and fancy office that's part of this new corporate complex.....firearm free by corporate decree....and tobacco free too. The rules state leave gun in the vehicle...so I do. But as soon as I get back in the truck...I'm armed again, even if just for my lunch break.

I also carry at home. I live in the middle of nowhere after all. Gravel roads, the sort of place you may have to give cops directions to find ya know?

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    Before moving to Louisiana, I carried every single day, wherever allowed by Florida law. Now, I work in Mandeville and there is a STRICT "No Firearms Allowed Inside The Premises" policy, where any violation of the policy is subject to swift and immediate termination. Despite the fact that I informed and provided proof to my employer that I am an active LA CHP holder, the policy remains in place, with absolutely NO exceptions.

While I'm certain I could CC at work without being caught, I've decided it's better to respect my employers wishes and adhere to the policy.

I have one of those flat, steel gun safes in my car, but to be perfectly honest, I really don't feel comfortable about leaving my EDC in the car all day long. This discomfort arose after my car was stolen about four years ago; it really changed the way I think about vehicle security.

Homoudont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have mine conceal carry and almost never carry. I may carry 5% of the time I am out of the house. I like to have the option to carry which is the reason I have it

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    carry 24/7, zero exceptions. the only time disarmed in public since receiving ccw was walking into courthouse to get marriage certificate. everywhere else, well... i guess i fail to see the "magical signs". When im arrested for defending myself at one of the "no-carry" places, you can refer to me as the "living criminal" as opposed to "the dead guy".

ps: "concealed" translates roughly to "concealed incredibly well so as to savor the element of surprise."

cheers

Mr. Rey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Prairieville, La.
    I carry about 75% of the time I go out. The one of the times I didn't I was held up by gun point, not a good feeling. He came out of nowhere waving a gun. I would not been able to draw it at the time if I had it with me. I thank God I am alive and now more alert of surroundings and now I carry when I am out.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    after terminating an employee who rumored threats to come shoot up the place, I started carrying at work against their "policy" in a IWB tuckable holster. hides perfectly, and i sit behind my desk most of the day anyway.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I am a little different since I don't have to venture out to work. I always have a gun handy, and always carry when I leave the house. Exception is when I go to crossfit, kind of hard to carry a gun doing that kind of activity in the clothes worn.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Well that reminded me, I needed to get the ball rolling on my LA CHL, so just signed up for the April 13th class at Bearco... they were quick to charge the card lol...

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    after terminating an employee who rumored threats to come shoot up the place, I started carrying at work against their "policy" in a IWB tuckable holster. hides perfectly, and i sit behind my desk most of the day anyway.
    That's one of those things you don't want to have said online.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom