How many rounds do you shoot with your carry gun, before you trust it for carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many round will you shoot before you trust your carry gun, for carry duty?

Votes: 2 3.9%
    • 100-200

Votes: 8 15.7%
    • 200-300

Votes: 14 27.5%
    • 300-400

Votes: 9 17.6%
    • 500+

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters

SkunkApe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2016
    Broussard
    I do not remember if they were 82 or 85 but they were made by Taurus.
    When I was shooting Colt, S&W, Ruger revolvers before switching to semi auto pistols I never had one fail and I shot them a lot.

I was mostly joking with my "five or six" comment. Even with revolvers, I fire enough to make sure I can hit stuff, and a few more for fun.

That said, the only revolver failures I've ever had happened in the first dozen rounds or less. They were:
    • Light strikes, with older S&W revolvers that may have been tinkered with, and...
    • A newer (post-lock) S&W 642 that was so rough that the trigger failed to return.

I always make sure everything's tight before firing the first time, including the ejector rod.

The thing about revolvers is they remove the bullet weight/shape and powder charge from the equation. If you have a revolver that works with one load, it's pretty much gonna work with every load, the possible exception being hard primers.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Wow I must be missing somthing, we are supposed to shoot a gun before we conceal carry it?!?!? Why didn't they teach me that in my 1hour concealed carry class when he came to my house and gave me my papers?!?! Lol

I would feel comfortable with 500 of mixed for starters to carry, then it would be a heavy used range gun on every trip to insure confidence and reliability, atleast till well after 2000 rounds, usually by then I have a new toy to try to carry lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom