How many Sheriffs Depts use 22 Magnum for issue.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I knew a few cops years ago that carried .22 mag high standard derringers as a back up gun. Back then there weren't as many choices.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    They did say revolver......so it's possible.

Desoto Parish is my AO. I'll ask at church this Sunday. A good number of Deputies attend. I do know that they used to have Glock 22s but I was under the impression they moved up to 45 ACP. I know they were asking to "upgrade" at one point a few years back.

I really can't imagine any of them being issued a 22 mag revolver, unless they were being punished for something. :dogkeke:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I knew a few cops years ago that carried .22 mag high standard derringers as a back up gun. Back then there weren't as many choices.

I like mine me! I bet the officers looked just like it. ;)

581911_10151260614731891_301145475_n.jpg

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    With the advancement of the modern 9mm round, there is not much distinction between the .40 and the 9mm. Or so I was told. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the 9mm being much cheaper.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I have great difficulty believing that any 9mm round is going to equal a .40 S&W, .45acp or a 10mm round. As Massad Ayoob said recently, " how is a round half the weight, half the size and travelling within 100fps going to beat a heavier round."

Again we go back to the NATO notion that the 9mm is less lethal round and should be the round used by all.

To the best of my failing memory, LSP left the 9mm years ago with reason and it is difficult to comprehend that they would now return to it.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Well , since this thread has drifted into a 9mm debate , I'll ask a question . A nephew of mine told me that the BRCP has gone to 9mm because they found it penetrates walls and car doors better than the .40 . An BRPD officer supposedly told him this . Did they change to a 9mm ?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have great difficulty believing that any 9mm round is going to equal a .40 S&W, .45acp or a 10mm round. As Massad Ayoob said recently, " how is a round half the weight, half the size and travelling within 100fps going to beat a heavier round."

Again we go back to the NATO notion that the 9mm is less lethal round and should be the round used by all.

To the best of my failing memory, LSP left the 9mm years ago with reason and it is difficult to comprehend that they would now return to it.

Doctor Gary Roberts is a better authority in this field. Mas still thinks a 9mm 124+P travels less than 100 FPS faster than a 230gr. .45?
    A 115+P+ travels about 400 FPS faster than a 230gr .45 round.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

and I own 4 9mm

Top Bottom