How many weapons do you carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Gosh darn brick hammer I say!

Other than that, for warm weather carry I like my little kahr pm40 and I do carry an extra mag. Someone said that we prolly won't have time to swap, so if you feel that's an issue, you'd better practice, huh.

And my backup is a large auto folder. Yeah, go ahead and say it, bring a knife to a gunfight. Well lemme just say that I have two hands. And if the combat is close quarters, as in arm's reach, I can have that handy, open and cutting meat in 0.7 seconds. And dont think my other hand wont be grappling my attackers weapon hand, gouging eyes or pulling his head in real close for the repeated face crunch on my forehead. If there is a significant distance between me and the assailant(s) I will only try to increase that distance in a defensive stance until I feel safe. Because (chuckle) ery body knows you can't hit an attacker with a pocket carry auto at more than 10 feet... Or can you?
    Winter carry is a beretta 96 under the arm.
    As for a second firearm, I keep a see camp 32 full of silver tips on my keychain, just for conversation.
    Just a note, not assuming people aren't aware, but it's not just standing still and shooting back. If you're laser equipped, take cover if you can and only expose the gun and find a peephole to visualize the target. Always look for cover. Never stop moving. Never be an easy target.

Last edited:

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I remember the purple K&B Drug stores, dont give a rats about pwnd (I thought it meant pawned), but Cat's crimson tide had me thinking about Alabama....

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    And my backup is a large auto folder. Yeah, go ahead and say it, bring a knife to a gunfight. Well lemme just say that I have two hands. And if the combat is close quarters, as in arm's reach, I can have that handy, open and cutting meat in 0.7 seconds.
    Nothing against deploying a knife in a fight, but without proper training you're much more likely to get hurt by your own knife when attempting to use it defensively. When I was 21, unbroken, fit (soldier), and skilled in combatives I might try it. Now, being broken, fat (230 @ 6'2"), and anything but refreshed in combatives, I wouldnt even bother reaching for my blade. At this point it's a glorified toothpick / nail scrapper.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Not gonna say exactly what I carry for a BUG, but I've chronographed Winchester 33 grain HPs in a NAA Mini revolver and got 1042 fps.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Nothing against deploying a knife in a fight, but without proper training you're much more likely to get hurt by your own knife when attempting to use it defensively. When I was 21, unbroken, fit (soldier), and skilled in combatives I might try it. Now, being broken, fat (230 @ 6'2"), and anything but refreshed in combatives, I wouldnt even bother reaching for my blade. At this point it's a glorified toothpick / nail scrapper.
    practice, practice

M-66supersingle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    one weapon- an asp 21 inch baton.... oh and my fist, elbows, shins, knees, etc. I also carry a kershaw scamp but thats a tool

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I don't think it's offense, Dave, I don't take it as such. Sheepdogs don't look for recognition, as a matter of fact, they thrive on anonymity. We don't care about recognition, simply equal rights for all. For every 1 response you get for this thread I can pretty much promise there are a lot of people not posting n response for logistical reasons. We are a paranoid bunch as is the nature of the beast.... we hold a greater responsibility than the rest of the world due to civil unrest, economic factors, and let's not forget the Middle East riots going on now. The question of "should we be the world police" is greatly overshadowed by the "economy, presidential approval rating is garbage, it's still Bush's fault(get a life and take accountability you P#$$) and fix it, YOU are supposed to be President.

Bush has been gone forever and the "I inherited this from Bush" BS is wearing super thin. When will you make a name for yourself witrhout expressing comments about other heroes with Medals of Honor, ???! Anyway, Dave, it's really a shame when we have to be secretive about specifics. It's certainly nothing against you, it's b/c a lot of us are seeing increased invasions of privacy with current legislation and we aren't going to allow ourselves to be bullied and inspected for no reason as law-abiding, tax paying, contributing members of society. We don't deserve that and won't settle for it; we deserve better for giving the American people protection that they don't even realize is there, and that's how it should be. LEO can't be everywhere(as much as I want them on my side in a fight), and we try to pick up the slack as best we can... this raises legal issues for self defense, etc.

Sheepdogs?

Syntor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    Sigma .40 (Open Carry) with extra clip on me and two more in vehicle.. (which is really fun to walk into banks with since I work on banking equipment and most of the managers/tellers know me)
    Kobalt double fold (knife one side, box cutter other side)
    High Point .45acp Carbine behind seat in vehicle (4-15 round clips).
    XD Compact .40 CC middle of back

and usually on Uber Alert mode when opening a drive up ATM on a Friday evening @6:00pm...

Top Bottom