How Much Ammo ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    All gun owners are now required by executive order issued by our Dear Leader today,You must take a Boaters Safety Course !!!

If you fail to take the mandated ordered or failed to pass then report to the nearest Fema training camp for future indoctrination !

I became Lifeboat Qualified by the USCG in New York in 1963.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well, that time last year when I sunk the airboat....there were a lot of guns that were lost to the brackish water marsh. I did report this to the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Dept....just for the record. Here’s me trying to float it back to the surface.
    54371ce172927c2d4ff1bf19bea1a2d2.jpg

After getting it up off bottom; the guns were gone. It was a sad day.
    5c24fa4285c4692c0cf50ff9da5e9c51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man,That looks very bad,Flipped a few pirogues myself in Terrebonne, Never an airboat

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I went to the range Tuesday . One of my friends also came . He and I worked together and are both retired . We had the place to ourselves and spent more time talking than shooting . I went through one and a half boxes of 9mm and about 150 rds of .22 all total . We had a great day . It's not all about burning through hundreds of rounds of ammo . Enjoy yourself and don't let the bastards wear you down .
    Great post

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Subjective to your needs. Objectively I would say 4,000 rounds per person per caliber, per firearm in your armory. 1,000 rounds loaded into rifle magazines, and 500 rounds loaded into pistol magazines per person. Three to six 30rd standard capacity magazines on person and on standby per firearm. Ask anyone who has survived a gun fight how much ammo you should carry. This does not include training and recreational ammo.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Subjective to your needs. Objectively I would say 4,000 rounds per person per caliber, per firearm in your armory. 1,000 rounds loaded into rifle magazines, and 500 rounds loaded into pistol magazines per person. Three to six 30rd standard capacity magazines on person and on standby per firearm. Ask anyone who has survived a gun fight how much ammo you should carry. This does not include training and recreational ammo.

You're carrying 500 rounds of pistol ammo on your person?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    A Marine Corps combat load is 210 62gr rounds in 2 three mag pouches and 1 in the rifle. E-6 pay grade and above would have 45 124gr rounds in 3 mags.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

You must be rich or a dreamer.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I was going to say 10,000 rounds per caliber. Lol

But if your deciding to do this now, kinda late IMO; unless you want to pay triple what it was 2 yrs ago.

When I used to shoot often, I would keep 10k rounds in stock. That's b/c I was pissed I couldn't buy any during 2008-2009. So I would buy 1-2k every time they had a sale. It added up over time, But I haven't purchased ammo in a long time, and have slowly been working on what I have, so I have less than that, but still a few to many thousand rounds for each caliber I shoot. only one I don't have 1000's is 300blk and .308, but I have maybe 1k of each.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I was going to say 10,000 rounds per caliber. Lol

But if your deciding to do this now, kinda late IMO; unless you want to pay triple what it was 2 yrs ago.
    I’ve got more than 10k of a few calibers but there are several that I only stash 1-2k. Hunting rifle rounds, 32ACP, and shotshells. I mean, who in the hell could store 10 thousand rounds of 12ga buckshot? I can show you how many fat 50 cans it takes to store 1k and I bet you’ll change your mind. On the other hand, I do not think 80k rounds of .22LR is excessive at all and she can kiss my ass.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    When I used to shoot often, I would keep 10k rounds in stock. That's b/c I was pissed I couldn't buy any during 2008-2009. So I would buy 1-2k every time they had a sale. It added up over time, But I haven't purchased ammo in a long time, and have slowly been working on what I have, so I have less than that, but still a few to many thousand rounds for each caliber I shoot. only one I don't have 1000's is 300blk and .308, but I have maybe 1k of each.

And this is the way to do it !!!

Top Bottom