how much do you guys actually shoot????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smboudreaux

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Addis, La
    I find myself in an odd spot. i'm actually considering selling off a couple rifles. i seem to never find time to go shot. when i do have the time, location becomes the problem. my longer range spots seem to be subject to high water. i got my 300 win mag build back around easter still havent shot it. so how often do you cats actually get out and shot?

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    We shoot the local 3 gun and pistol matches, hell for no more than $15 for local matches, its cheaper than renting an indoor stall or range time and you get a lot more bang for your buck, our group tries to shoot 2 a month in the good seasons

There are also several ranges in different parts of the state that hosts long range matches 2 or 3 times a year, you will be more likely to shoot regulary if you hook up with some match guys

You get to meet great folks and there are always beginners, not only that, its a kick in the butt to shoot with a group of fellow shooters

Uncle John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Leesville Louisiana
    I have shot up to 100,000 22 rounds in a year but not anymore. Now I try to keep a certain standard. As long as I can split a playing card edgewise, offhand at 20 yards with my Marlin 1897 Cowboy I think Im in the groove. I dont like to shoot a lot of highpower because it gives me the flinches so I fire a couple of zero shots with my 325 WSM and 30-06, 270, 45-70 and a little 44 carbine and thats about it. At Ft Polk range I have to help zero a lot of deer rifles as about 70% wind up having trouble with the process so I have to shoot a lot of other people's guns as well even though they get to do the final tuning.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    not nearly as much as I want to. I just never have time on the weekends. Still have an AR I built 4 months ago that hasn't had a round put through it yet.

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I got to the range twice a month and atleast shoot both of my 9mm. Been good about it for about 5 months now. Both my rifles I try and shoot once a month if I can, but I don't do long range right now until I can't find a field and some friends.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    When I was still healthy & Hub City was still in Lafayette, I was shooting at least 4 to 500 rounds of .45acp & 100 rounds of .308 Win. per week. Plus whatever other ammo / guns that I'd bring on top of that.

Art

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Once a month if I'm lucky. I haven't been lucky lately... I shot a lot more when the BZ was open and people were going every weekend....

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    More during the summer than in winter (don't want to disturb the deer).

Not much weekdays- usually 2 weekends per month.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I'm glad someone brought up dry fire. I try to dry fire practice everyday. At least 5 days a week. I've seen a greater improvement in my skills doing that than live fire.

Top Bottom