How much is a M1 Carbine worth?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikewm

IM HOOKED
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    WALKER
    ok.. i dont know much abt it yet.. Ill find out some more info and post some pics in a lil while. Thanks!

mikewm

IM HOOKED
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    WALKER
    The only thing i see on the gun is Plainfield Machine Co. and M1 .30 Cal.... If that tells anybody anything please let me know. Thanks! :)

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    That is NOT a USGI rifle ... I recommend you do a lot of research on when it was made, etc. Some of the guys on here could give you better advise on the Plainfield, I just remember there being issues with them and that the older ones were better than the new ones. Something about springs, etc. Research ... or better yet, get your's from CMP!

Just my 2-cents ...

Rusty

P.S. This thread should be in the "Firearms: Rifles" section, I believe, and not under sales.

Last edited:

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    If you can test fire it, and it functions well, about $300 to $350 is as much as I would give for a Plainfield.

littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Do some research and get a GI version if you want it to increase in value. I have a Rockola
    that my dad bought a long time ago for$15.00. I think it was a good investment.

mikewm

IM HOOKED
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    WALKER
    Great! Thanks to everyone for all the info. My lil brother has the gun and wants to trade me for a Hi-point 9mm that I have.... So it seems I would be gettin the better end of the deal.:)

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    That is NOT a USGI rifle ... I recommend you do a lot of research on when it was made, etc. Some of the guys on here could give you better advise on the Plainfield, I just remember there being issues with them and that the older ones were better than the new ones. Something about springs, etc. Research ... or better yet, get your's from CMP!

Just my 2-cents ...

Rusty

P.S. This thread should be in the "Firearms: Rifles" section, I believe, and not under sales.

I've got it moved to the proper category , continue on now!

captain-03

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Central Mississippi
    Plainfield in good to very good NRA condition - $250 - $300. As stated above, the Plainfield was actually a pretty good aftermarket carbine -- watch out for them Universals .. some were really bad and had a tendency to fire out-of-battery.

Top Bottom