How much is it worth????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsmoree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Mississippi
    My friend is wanting to sell a Remington 870 pump, blued steel, wood stock and forearm. 3" magnum. Just a plain old 870 pump and it is in good condition. it is less than 2 years old. How much do you think it is worth? Thanks

Scottie

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    My friend is wanting to sell a Remington 870 pump, blued steel, wood stock and forearm. 3" magnum. Just a plain old 870 pump and it is in good condition. it is less than 2 years old. How much do you think it is worth? Thanks

Scottie

A good starter would be to subtract $100 from current retail.

rsmoree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Mississippi
    I thought that too but he said "blued steel".

870 Express Models are matte black and bead-blasted IIRC

I think it is a 870 express it may be black. That is all I know about it. He bought a new 3 1/2" magnum and wants to sell me the 3" one. Just wondering what a fair price would be.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I think it is a 870 express it may be black. That is all I know about it. He bought a new 3 1/2" magnum and wants to sell me the 3" one. Just wondering what a fair price would be.

Oh! I would offer him $250

Even if you go up to $300 your talking about a Remington 870. Likely a gun you could keep AND shoot for the rest of your life! ;)

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

Good price, buy it and hide it, he'll be wanting it back soon as that 3 .5 gives him a couple luv taps

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    $200 for an exc. cond Express. Walmart has them new for around $275.
    Used but not abused ones go for around 150-175 depending on how much used.
    I bought my last one from Pelican Pawn in exc. cond for $200+ tax. Its the synthetic stocked model which I think cost more than the birch stocked ones.

Rhambeaux

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Lafayette, LA
    Good price, buy it and hide it, he'll be wanting it back soon as that 3 .5 gives him a couple luv taps

Haha, nothing like some good ole love taps.

Taking the chance on this one... It will bring some laughs on me im sure of it..

Went duck hunting with the brother-in-law in a pirougue, wasnt planning on it so i didnt bring a shotty. He let me use an old cannon (some ancient @$$ crack barrel...short barreled) thats all we were shooting was 3 1/2" mags if im not mistaking. Came around a corner and started to shoot at a duck, but nothing happened, it just clicked when the hammer hit... i repeated about 4 times then "BANG" the gun kicked so hard, it blew my finger out the trigger guard and almost flipped the boat lol. my hand was covered in blood because my finger hit the boat so hard it cut the skin to the bone.
    Needless to say for the rest of the hunt i was kinda gun shy with it... especially being that you never knew if the damned thing was gonna shoot or not lol.

Back to the topic of the post.
    I'd say $250 would be good for both of you... 250 wouldnt low ball him too bad, and ud be gettign a pretty good deal too. I went to Cabelas like 2 weeks ago and they had an 870 20g (for wife) in camo for over 350 (i wanna say $389) but it was the camo, keep in mind.

If the walmart around ur area has them for $275, let him know, or take a picture of the price tag to show him and get it for 200.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Went duck hunting with the brother-in-law in a pirougue, wasnt planning on it so i didnt bring a shotty. He let me use an old cannon (some ancient @$$ crack barrel...short barreled) thats all we were shooting was 3 1/2" mags if im not mistaking. Came around a corner and started to shoot at a duck, but nothing happened, it just clicked when the hammer hit... i repeated about 4 times then "BANG" the gun kicked so hard, it blew my finger out the trigger guard and almost flipped the boat lol. my hand was covered in blood because my finger hit the boat so hard it cut the skin to the bone.
    Needless to say for the rest of the hunt i was kinda gun shy with it... especially being that you never knew if the damned thing was gonna shoot or not lol.

And to think that's the same kind of gun that my Dad taught us how to shoot on except in 20 Ga. :doh: Sawed off Stock with no Pad too :mamoru:

Top Bottom