How to break the news?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It's the disparity factor with this crap! The Glock 34 I bought Saturday was about $600 after all was said and done; if my wife ever bought shoes or a purse that cost anywhere near that, I would shoot her.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Tell her you need to have a serious talk. Once youve gotten her attention calmly tell her you are in love with another women and are getting a divorce.
    A split second before he explodes laugh and say you were kidding and that you just wanted to show there are worst things than you could have done than buy a new gun.

I am not liable for what may happen next though

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    My wife still jokes about her $1700 candle. We were in Bowie Outfitters when she came running up with a woodwick candle in a scent she "couldnt find anywhere else." She asked,"can I get this?" I held up a PS90 and asked,"can I have this?" We both got what we wanted.

d_hawkins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Denham Springs
    WOW! I think i peed in my pants reading half these post, this is great lol. This forum really needs a "like" button.
    I dont see it being a problem seeing as i just got a new job making right at 3-5 times more than i make now, so essentially i bought myself a "good job" gift. Ill just wait until
    that first check comes in and i hear "Thats great, we should treat ourselves" i will then proceed to treat her to dinner at Texas de Brazil, where i will tell her that i already treated myself. I figure its a fancy restaurant, she cant get all loud and such. If that doesn't work, ill tell her to pay the mortgage, or car note lol

Wyldhog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    At my computer
    Fortunately I don't have this problem. I have just the opposite. My wife would be pissed if I DIDN'T tell her....she always wants to try out new guns. I think she gets more excited than I do about buying them

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    My wife is oblivious to what I own....actually,she doesn't care. She has what she has and that's all she'll keep track off. She can't keep up with me and she quit doing that a long time ago. As long as the elusive "gun money" doesn't run out and I don't start tapping the general account,she won't know or care what I do. Now,if you're wife is like mine....why bother telling her at all?

Last edited:

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    If you have to worry about her finding out you bought a new gun then that means you don't own enough guns yet. I do have a good wife and she doesn't say much when I buy a new one. Truth is she doesn't know the difference in a 'new gun' and one that I have had for years.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    The problem arrises when you have to bring in another, much larger safe because the previous safe is full. :eek3::rolleyes:;)
    Or you agree not to buy more until you've bought a second safe and then her short butt finds a chair and looks ontop of the fridge one day and finds the 6 or 7 more you've bought with reciepts and dates .... :doh:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Not toast, but the recipient of annoyed petulance... which is just as bad.

Actually, Tom called 9mm ".380 Long Rifle", and I had an aneurysm right there. She thought about it all week-end, apparently... :D

From two ladies! I would have been ticked to have to explain to a Scottish spitfire why I had her gun. :rofl:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MrPantz
    Top Bottom