How to Value an M1 Carbine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktate

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    A little help/advice, if you please...

I'm considering going to the gun show in Gonzales this Saturday to shop for an AR15. I'll have a few items to offer for trade, but I'm stumped on the value of my M1 carbine I picked up about 20 years ago. It is an import by Blue Sky, has IBM stamped below the rear sight and WRA stamped on the barrel, bayonet lug with knife, dull grayish parkerized finsih, bright barrel with distinct rifling, all in all good condition. Any ideas as to minimum - maximum trade value for such a rifle?

I don't have easy access to this web site during normal business hours, so I apologize up front for being available for limited time periods.

CaptWSims

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Mandeville, LA
    Nice looking carbine! Looks very similar to mine, but mine is not an import. Not an expert on values, esp when trading at gun shows.

I know I'd not sell my low # Inland for less than $900, and would be thrilled with $1300, based on what I've seen on the internet.

ktate

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Thanks for the response. I did take it to the gun show and had two dealers offer me $600 against trade for any item on their table but nothing appealed to me. Both of these men suggested I put it on Gunbroker (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=126792499) as it might bring $750. Only 13 hours left and I started the bidding at $500.

A collector of M1's I meet in the parking lot showed me the arsenal stamp on the barrel and commented on the wood stock. He also suggested Gunbroker. I'll let you know the outcome.

This M1 once belonged to a friend, now deceased. He was a CIA officer that spent most of his career in parts of Africa. I know he'd approve of my selling it to build an AR15. The 50 rounds shot through this rifle was at bowling pins he suspended in air on a remote farm. He could shot his Singer Sewing Machine 1911 as well as I could shoot this rifle! He was a piece of work!

ktate

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Hey Richard,

Yep, that Blue Sky stamp is as prominent as a wh*** in church! They must be real proud of that! The bayonet is to be kept, at least for the moment. Now if you were inclined to buy the Carbine, then I'm inclined to make you smile!

Kim

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    A lot of people are freaked out by the BLUE SKY IMPORT thing . I have heard some bad things about them on other forums as regards to Garands . I have no experience with any of their weapons myself . Your Carbine looks nice though . Good luck .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom