hunger games?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G

gunguy11

I went to see this last night with the girlfriend. I would spend the money to watch it again. The movie was pretty good. Wasn't your manly action movie like die hard but it was a good FULL movie!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Don't read the book before you go. It will seem like they rushed it if you read it right before. But make sure you read it after. They're very good and easy to read.

SamNavy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Belle Chasse, LA
    I read all 3 books in less than a week... great series. Besides being great stories, they make you think on many levels and on many topics that would appeal to members of a firearms forum. The books themselves should appeal to just about anybody, and I've heard nothing but awesomeness about the movie from several people who read the books beforehand.

The wife and I are going this Wed night to the AMC Westbank on Manhattan to see it... anybody know if they have "Shall not carry" signs up?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I read all 3 books in less than a week... great series. Besides being great stories, they make you think on many levels and on many topics that would appeal to members of a firearms forum. The books themselves should appeal to just about anybody, and I've heard nothing but awesomeness about the movie from several people who read the books beforehand.

The wife and I are going this Wed night to the AMC Westbank on Manhattan to see it... anybody know if they have "Shall not carry" signs up?

I'm not saying if you've already read them, don't go see it, but if you just read them, the movie is going to seem rushed.

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    the books have a heavy government/political control and overthrow thing going on. Ive heard a few people who liked the first book were turned off by the second too. However for me, and id guess a lot of guys on here, it will make them better. Going see it tomorrow, and have high hopes

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I saw it on Friday with the wife and kiddo. We enjoyed it. Seemed like a good movie for the times we live in (anti-communistic elements, some citizen revolt type stuff). I'd never even HEARD of it until Friday when my wife saw an article about it possibly being too violent for kids, but we saw it and we enjoyed it.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Good movie.... seriously.

Don't read the book before you go. It will seem like they rushed it if you read it right before. But make sure you read it after. They're very good and easy to read.

The wife didn't seem to mind. I haven't read them yet.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Guess I got to read these books...My daughters have read them and so has my wife. They went to the midnight premier Thursday night.....didn't know they had some of the things mentioned above so it sounds kind of interesting now..I just thought it was some vampire kinda thing like the Twilight stuff..Thanks for the info as I'm always looking for reading material.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone who liked the Hunger Games really needs to get ahold of Battle Royale, the book or the movie. The movie came out about 15 years ago, 10 years before it was ripped off and formed into the Hunger Games

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    From here on, I question your taste in anything.

:rofl:

I missed your post above. HK sponsored diners, polo games, and gallery openings we can attend together. Movies, not so much. Battle Royale was the same over-hyped scene over and over - 16 year-old gets whacked in some horrific manner. Yawners.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Started the books a few years ago when they first came out, and watched the movie last night in Ms. Yep, I liked em all, and the movie. I've read the books twice now, and will buy the movies as they come out on dvd.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    :rofl:

I missed your post above. HK sponsored diners, polo games, and gallery openings we can attend together. Movies, not so much. Battle Royale was the same over-hyped scene over and over - 16 year-old gets whacked in some horrific manner. Yawners.

But at least it was a fairly original idea. The sequel sucked as most of them do. I honestly think the story of the little girl that won the previous Battle Royale that they showed at the beginning of the movie would have been awesome.

See you at the mixer.

Top Bottom