Hunter safety class this weekend??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I need 2 spaces in a hunter safety class for 2 kids (15&16). Anyone know of one this weekend in Houma/New Orleans/West Bank area?

Last edited:

alcopone1

oil slinger
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Houma , La
    you tried lafourche for openings

Free Hunter Education Courses Slated for November
    Posted by Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office on October 29, 2015
    Posted in: Public Classes. Leave a comment
    The Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office will host a FREE Hunter Education Classroom Course and a Hunter Education Field Day in November for anyone ages 10 or older.

CLASSROOM COURSE:

The traditional “Classroom Course” is a two-day course covering topics such as hunter responsibility and ethics, how firearms work and firearms safety, survival and first aid skills, firearm handling skills and hunting techniques, wildlife identification, game care, and information related to wildlife conservation and management. The next Classroom Course will be offered Saturday, November 21 through Sunday, November 22. The first day will be the classroom portion from 8am to 5pm at the Law Enforcement Complex located at 1300 Lynn Street in Thibodaux. The class will resume on next day from 8am to 11am at the LPSO Shooting Range located at 3451 Highway 182 in Raceland. Participants must attend BOTH days of the class and pass a written and practical exam to be certified. Class size is limited. Advance registration is required. CLICK HERE to register for this course.

FIELD DAY:

As an alternative to the two day course, a Home Study Course is available online through the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries website. Those who complete the home study course MUST take their completion voucher to a “Field Day” to complete their hunter education. The next Field Day will be offered on Wednesday, November 18 from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the LPSO Shooting Range. Entry to the Field Day will be denied unless the completed forms are presented. There will be a written test required to complete the Field Day. Class size is limited. Advance registration is required. CLICK HERE to register for the Field Day.

Firearms and ammunition should NOT be brought to any of the courses, but snacks are permitted. For more information, or for assistance with online registration, call the LPSO Training Academy at (985) 449-4480 weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or email Lieutenant Nolan Smith at nolan-smith@lpso.net.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Your probably months out from getting in a course. My son took his in September and had to sign up 6 weeks before as no classes were available.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The answers you seek are at Wildlife and Fisheries.
    iu

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    So I pulled some strings and got the kids into a hunter safety course the weekend before Thanksgiving. So the week after Thanksgiving, my friend, let us go over to his house with a lot of woods. My son on the left, stepson on right. They both got their first kill!! Cooked them up with the last of last years deer meat. Son can't wait to go again, step son can take it or leave it. Looks like I'll be looking for a lease to join for next year; my son is ready for his first deer now.
    305cdd80e26ddf7601f91e30d9e2ce5f.jpg

8525b4e45a8020d19ad20733419bced5.jpg

828531652d00034e81e3e86b73030efc.jpg

Vas te faire encule Isis. Nous sommes Unis

Vas te faire encule Isis. Nous sommes Unis

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb